photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

06 September 2015

September Counterfeit Challenge – Single Pop of Color

The first challenge over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog this month is to keep most of your project white and use ONE nice pop of color for a change of pace.

You may remember that there were bright yellow lemons included in the Studio Calico kit we used for inspiration.  I also added cherries into my kit – because I love cherries.

Aug_Preview_-_PLM-13377CKC

And when I think of cherries, the old proverb that Life is Just A Bowl of Cherries, comes to my mind. (Right after cherry pie, chocolate covered cherries and cherry Coke, that is.)

So I set out to make a Project Life Card with that saying on it.  Here are the Doodlebug brads from my kit along with the other supplies – Project Life 4 x 6 white cards, metal rimmed tags from my stash, and a scissors and pair of snips.

DSC03250

First I created the card in Microsoft® Word using the Shelter Me font, and I added a dotted page border.  To keep the impact on the pop of color from the cherries I used a medium grey color for printing, which also works well with the silver metal tags.

DSC03261

To form the bowl of cherries, I marked and snipped the edges of the two different rings.  I cut the acetate centers with my scissors.  I may have been able to use only the scissors, but I did not want to risk it.  Then I placed the two pieces sitting on the border “ledge” so they comprised a footed bowl – or compote.  Compote?  La di dah.  Life is compote of cherries?  Hmm . . . doesn’t have quite the same ring, now does it.  Which is surprising, 'cause that alliteration thing usually works for me!

I put the cherries on top of the acetate and not inside for two reasons.  First, the brads are bulky and the acetate would have bulged, perhaps even crinkling it.  Second, and most important, when the card is slipped into a pocket page protector, it will form the front of the glass bowl, and the illusion will be complete. (Trust me, I tested it!)

DSC03260

I like the way the single pop of color brightens the card but gives breathing room to the sentiment.  I cannot wait to work this card into my Project Life this month. 

12 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! LOVING the font and the cherries!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Project Life card that you created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute - love the pop of red!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh nice - I like the phrase and your bowl of cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever - love the way you made that bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So extremely adorable! Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a very clever bowl of cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable!! LOVE the cherries!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so clever! perfectly sweet

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks lovely! So impressed that you make your own PL cards!

    ReplyDelete