photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

04 September 2015

September Counterfeit Forgeries

I am often remiss in counterfeiting exact forgeries of items in the monthly kits, because, frankly, I have plenty of product to make substitutions.  It is quicker, easier, and it works for me. But then I’m reminded that I should be setting a good example as a counterfeiter.  So now and again, I do.

When putting together my pocket scrapbooking kit for September, I was immediately ready to play.  Spotting certain embellishments, I had definite ideas of how I wanted to use them.  So I stepped up my counterfeit game by pre-embellishing some cards.

CKC2

Here’s what I did:

1.  This first card, identical in design but different in color from the kit original, was jazzed it up with a couple of arrows stapled strategically.

2.  A piece of plain cardstock was embossed with a Tim Holtz folder called Bird of a Feather.  I looked for fern leaves to replicate an inspiration kit card, but this style worked better with the other elements in my kit.  Watermark ink applied to the folder gives the background a mottled look.

3.  This is a Studio Calico card kit index card which I flipped to the reverse side, covering the SC logo with a flair.

4.  To a free printable card from Hello Forever, I added the text overprinted alphabet from Cosmo Cricket and shaded the underlining arrow in grey.

5.  There were a couple of floral heart die-cuts in the inspiration kit – I punched two from a 3 x 4 card.

6.  Using Print Pattern background stamp from Stampin Up, I stamped in Pretty in Pink ink on Pretty in Pink cardstock, also from Stampin Up.

7.  Several elements in the inspiration kits featured diamonds.  I chose a card with diamonds, added a perfectly sized SC wood veneer to the center and color matched a variety of flat backed buttons.

8.  A selfie pennant die-cut, arrow label and two felt flowers on a misted background add interest to another cardstock remnant.  Note to selfie:  felt is a nice flat element that can be used inside pockets.

9.  Those upward-oriented leaves on this card were begging for buttons – these are sewn on.

10.  The heart in the center of this card was a nearly perfect match in size and color to a button I had, giving a shadow effect to the not-quite matched up shapes.

11.  Card leftover from a 4 x 6 cardstock pack received some doodling around the edges and the addition of a flower pick I had saved.  Two tiny flowers sitting on my desk finished the opposite corner.

12.  This card had a circle in the center with text I didn’t think I would use.  I covered it with a punched circle from another printable and added the little ladybug button.

It is my hope that having a few cards completely ready to go, will save me time and help me keep on course this month.

11 comments:

  1. Cute! I like covering up the quotes and so on I won't use too. The ones with U.S, spelling get adapted with embellishments here

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great and I bet they were fun to make too. I especially love the buttons on the flowers - so cute!. I have lots of PL-style cards that I think are too plain - I'm going to follow your example and start jazzing them up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great inspiration here, Susanne! You've doctored up these cards and they are better than the original. Thanks for your contribution to FOTF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really clever! Love all the dimension. This type of treatment is what I always enjoy on PL cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of inspiration here - I like the idea of using the embossing folder. I have a load of those little folders....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I can't wait to see how these are used in your final projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to step up your counterfeiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about the counterfeiting - I have to remind myself too sometimes!

    ReplyDelete