photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

24 September 2015

The Summer of Myron and Me

It started out innocently enough, as these things often do.

At a church rummage sale, of all places.  Not our church, mind you.  Most likely no one paid me much heed.  I certainly hoped that was the case.




A casual, cheap introduction – two bits, in fact.  With not more than a glance, I picked him up, took him home.  Was it his clean smooth exterior and really great condition that first caught my eye?  Were they merely the cover for a man of keen intellect and scintillating depths?

As quickly as it began, I was intrigued, enthralled really.  I wanted to know everything about him, even if he was an ex-jock with whose life would hold little common experience with my own. His quirky sense of humor would light up my summer days (and a few nights, too).


mb1mb2mb3mb4mb5

I longed to know his life story.  Why, oh why, was it he went rushing to the aid of as former lover after a single beckoning phone call; with not so much as a passing thought to the complications involved, much less the danger.  What kind of back story could possibly explain that devil may care approach to life?  I wanted to know; I needed to know.

Soon followed a second rendezvous, then another and yet another . . .  at the library, in the bookstore, even online!


mb6mb7mb8amb9mb10

His life spoke volumes –  detail after detail was revealed of the journey that had lead him to the present. I hung on his very word.  It was, quite simply, summer escapism on my part.

But now it is over.  I will look back on this summer of fun with no regrets.  Even as I have heard the last of his adventures, I remain quite fond of him.

Mildly amusing, moderately moral, magnificently plotting Myron.  Oh me, oh my, run!

^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^__^
Postscript: The form of this post was inspired by the next book I read. Winking smile
23341607

You can see a review of it – here on Goodreads.

7 comments:

  1. So I'm going to take this as an endorsement for this author! I've never read him, but if you've managed to read everything he's written all in one summer, I think I need to give him a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check this series out!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are hilarious! love it. not my kind of book but I'm kind of tempted just to see if I could pick up this type of humour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read a couple of these, but mine was more a fleeting fling, not a full blown summer romance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new one for me. Sounds intriguing, though

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gather you liked his work! Haven't heard of either of those authors. John some how has got me hooked on one of his favourite authors - Clive Cussler - adventure mystery books - not usually my cup of tea, myseries yes but not adventure, but quick reads.

    ReplyDelete