photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

11 October 2015

Brew House Brunch

Brew House Brunch – a layout using pretty new paper

brewhouse brunch 

Story: One lazy Sunday this summer we set out to discover a new place for lunch after church.  Mimosas made with ale instead of champagne and extra thick pepper bacon were very tasty.


Style: I started with this sketch by Susan Stringfellow:





I wanted to use the fresh pretty papers of Amy Tangerine’s Stitched line.


amytanstitchedpapers


And to use up more bits and bobs from my Hello Again Project Life Counterfeit Kit like the plastic plus signs and the Studio Calico stamp set.




This page has a very graphical feel to it, which nicely complements the décor of the restaurant featured.  The eating and scrapping experiences were both fun.

Stash: American Crafts card stock
Amy Tangerine patterned papers
Elle’s Studio journal spots, card and transparency
Simple Stories and Amy Tangerine alphabets
Freckled Fawn paper clip arrows and plastic plus signs
Studio Calico stamp set
October Afternoon Roller stamp
Tin Man beer coaster trimmed into chipboard shape

11 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your block of colour and pattern against all that white space. And I prefer your idea of positioning of the photos block on the horizontal like this - makes the 'off-the-horizontal' lines more visible. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I do like this ... And I'm sure I have some of these papers. I hope you don't mind if I pin it. It's a gorgeous layout

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun day to go along with your fun layout.
    Great sketch and I love how you used it.
    Fun touch to use a photo collage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh extra thick pepper bacon sounds very tasty! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are correct,it does have a graphical feel but it suits your photos.Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your combination of pattern papers. And those little plus signs are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Susan's sketches! and your layout is perfect for those photos! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome page...love the combination of pattern papers for layering!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great! Everything works so well together on the page.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great take on the sketch...I love that Stitched line and have quite a stash of those papers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a kit with Stitched back in January and loved it. then I got more for my NYC kit and still every time I walk past it at Scrapabilly, I feel the need to get some more! In fact, this week, I noticed that two of the designs were almost sold out so I scooped up the last sheets! I like what you did with the layout and how you took the sketch. The tilted papers but straight photos makes a fun change. nice. I like the idea of ale mimosas!

    ReplyDelete