photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

30 October 2015

Christmas Kit from the Land of Misfits

You remember that I said I'm on top of things this October, right?

You remember how my tidying and organizing even my blog caused me to rescue this post from oblivion, right?

Well, you may wonder why I would be posting about a December Daily kit today - this is still early? Set aside the fact that some very famous scrapbookers have already given us glimpses of their holiday stuff; they want to sell it.  What is S up to and why?

Here's a snapshot of my set-up for scrapping December daily (or on some schedule)?

dec pl kit 
 
  Perhaps you would like to how this came together.
Starting point: I started with Stampin’ Up’s Project Life kit called Seasonal Snapshot which contains 100 cards in 3 sizes in a very handy box.  SU’s coordinating accessory kit includes: transparencies, sequins and snowflakes, epoxy dots, a roll of washi tape, 4 sheets of small alphabets in two colors, and 3 other sheets of stickers.  I also grabbed Stampin’ Up’s Holiday Stripes album (a clearance rack bargain).

dec pl kit-001 
Supporting the Elements: I then added the coordinating Stampin Up ink colors, Marvy Le Pens in black, red and green, three small EK success punches, and roller stamps, one by Glitz Designs with mini reindeer and another by American Crafts with Christmas dates and sayings.

dec pl kit-002a
Seeking Salvage: I searched my Christmas stash box for small flat elements in the proper colors – I came up with just a few odds and ends including some loose SU flat back buttons, various leftover chipboard pieces, die-cuts, stickers and extra twine leftover from a card kit and and Spare Parts acrylic letters.

dec pl kit-003
Stepping it up: Now to add some glitz and zing!

Studio Calico Gold rub-ons,
Stampin Up red Micro Beads,
October Afternoon washi tape,
Bella Blvd. washi tape,
Ormolu for Scraptastic stamp set,
Studio Calico stamp set,
Jillibean Soup wood grain epoxy buttons.

dec pl kit-004

That is a pretty snazzy jazzy kit, wouldn't you say.  Too bad it was the kit I put together last year that never got used.  Did you notice the copyright watermark on those photos? 2014!   I was trying to get ahead on my counterfeiting last year before I knew the Counterfeit Kit Challenge plans for December had nothing to do with kits!  (We did cards.)

If kit contents had feelings, these would no doubt feel shunned like those toys on the island of misfit toys. Luckily, there is this photographic evidence, a scrapbook of sort, that those supplies once belonged together.  Maybe a scrapbooker, in the Rudolph tradition, will try to gather up this disbanded lot and give them some renewed purpose.



Maybe watching Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer will be the spark needed to do it.  After all, it has been telecast every year since 1964, making it the longest running Christmas TV special in history. It only airs on CBS, and they have yet to announce its air date for 2015. Back up out of that rabbit hole . . .  stay tuned, as they say, because there will most likely be other scrappy holiday preparations happening soon.


Postscript:  I debated about whether to do this post at all - should I admit I did not follow through on what I had planned last year.  But then I listened to a Scrap Gals podcast from 2014 where Tracie admitted to having done the same thing with her 2013 December Daily.  And since I still had this post sitting unused on my computer, I thought why not go ahead and use it.  We're just keeping it real. (And hoping that Santa appreciates our honesty!)



6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your DD! I could not get it together last year, either! First one I'd missed since 2010. Like the elements you chose! I'm still in the thinking about mode!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I think we all have crafts sitting in our blog posts that are forgotten or past their sell-by date. But I'm so glad you bought it out to show because it will trigger memories for others or give courage for others to admit they too have unused kits and project s. My hand is up!!
    I love that you started so organised and that is an impressive kit you have there. Hope you get to use it this time round and at least it saves time of making another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! I have been thinking about mine this year already -- I am going to use some of the goodies you sent me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you won't be the only one doing exactly the same thing. In fact, I think there's a strong argument to be made for turning Christmas albums into a continuous process: why not simply add on to one single album year on year, simply adding in new supplies when we need to?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are all set with everything at your fingertips. That is a recipe for a successful December Daily. I love everything and the variety of what you've put together. Cant' wait to see your progress through the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your December Daily - I'm doing it for the first time this year but as I'm eliminating paper product I'm doing it digitally. My paper stuff isn't organized enough to find what's Christmas and what isn't. :)

    ReplyDelete