photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

19 October 2015

Let’s Get On Board

On Board – a layout from Scrapbook Challenges Sketch 455

on board-001 

Start: This was for a sketch challenge. 

sbcsketch1019 
Story: Because Earl has been on my mind, I decided to keep scrapping pictures of him.  Of course, he and the fellas often go fishing when he is here, but this day we headed to the water for a different reason.  We decided to take him to see something that is unique to Evansville.

Style: I stuck pretty close to the sketch but moved my journaling into a different spot.

I have to tell you that the page didn’t look finished until I added the last touch – the red doodled line around the edge.  I think with the movement of the background paper, your eyes float right off the page unless there was something to catch them before they go overboard.  Of course, those rolling river waves kept me from making the lines perfectly straight, too.  Winking smile

Does anyone have any good tips for photographing gold elements on pages without them coming out so brassy?  They look so much nicer in person.

Stash: Pink Paislee Solstice patterned paper
American Crafts Thickers in Buckaroo
Basic Grey chipboard alpha and gold die-cut
Teresa Collins gold striped and blue printed die-cuts
Two Peas flair
Freckled Fawn gold glitter geotag
Evalicious puffy stickers
Making Memories star eyelets


Back soon.

12 comments:

  1. Oh so many lovely things on this layout Susanne, the triangle paper, those star eyelets and last but certainly not least those gold alpha's (swoon!). Perfect embellies for a beautiful page. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketch! And I love the background paper, as well as the chipboard letters. all perfect for your photos.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout Susanne and I like the 4 's's
    Sometimes it is difficult to photograph the colour and detail true to life. I try different lighting to see if that helps (just moving it around the room) or different angels. No golden answers though, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! LOVING the photos and all the nautical goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely well documented page...love the journaling. Gold is difficult to capture...I always look for a spot with a lot of natural light streaming in...and sometimes that doesn't even help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ** love the page**** the journal note spot is so nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the color combination you used - fun and vibrant! Your embellishment clusters are pretty wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout! That border line around the page really does help keep it all together. Great job with the sketch & your embellishment clusters. Gold is hard to capture in a photo - my straight on shots never turn out well, but if I do a close-up at an angle I can sometimes get the right look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susanne! What a great page! I love your take on this challenge - so perfect and full of creativity. And I also want to thank you so much for your visit to my blog and your heartfelt words of condolences. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those little golden and yellow touches all over the page are lovely; and your little red line is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it looks great Susanne! I love all the little nautical bits on it and that background paper is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great sketch and I really like your take on it, including moving the journalling and the red line around the edge. This really looks like your layout. Gold embellies are hard to photograph aren't they? For me they come out yellow or black. But if you catch them with the light, at least the viewer can see that they are in fact, shiny! Good job

    ReplyDelete