photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

01 October 2015

October 2015 Counterfeit Kit Blog Hop

Welcome to the October Counterfeit Kit Challenge reveal blog hop.  Glad you are here.  If you need it, the entire hop list is at the end of this post.  The hop will be a good one, as we have the three new design team members joining us.

Start:

The inspiration for this month’s kit comes from the Colors, Story, Inspiration website:

S3659flat 
Style: The first thing I did after seeing this was to print it out so I could take it to my scrap room to pull supplies.  The second thing I did was to make a 3 x 4 pocket card out of that drawing.  How sweet is that. It became my theme card.

freeasthewindcard

First, I looked through all my leftover cards from last month’s kit and moved some of them forward.  Then I started through my card stash, I found only two 4 x 6 cards in the correct colors, so I cut several from patterned paper scraps.
DSC03619

Then it came time to add more 3 x 4 cards – I initially chose many more, and then had to scale back.

DSC03623

There, that looks like enough.

DSC03627

When it came time to fill my embellishment box, I took a careful look at the evidence:

* leaves in wood veneer, branches represented by wood buttons
* transportation accents means wood veneer arrows and geo-tag and globe flair
* music elements on washi tape and in silver charms
* hearts on charms and in vinyl
* metal charms, butterflies, sequins and brads
* scatter something – all those metal elements plus epoxy dots and gems
* string in the form of natural twine
* numbers on epoxy dots and cards
* mists (I will likely use my October Afternoon Art Box set of neutrals)


DSC03629


As to the watercolor and fence points of evidence, you’ll have to come back on October 4th to see what cards I forged.

Stash: Again this month I am using up various cards from Studio Calico (and related vendors), plus Elle’s Studio, October Afternoon and some free printables.  Here are the details on the embellishments.

Washi tapes by Studio Calico, Scotch, Darice and American Crafts
Tawny Twine by Karen Foster
Butterflies by Studio Calico and unknown
Vinyl heart by American Crafts
Sequins and brads by Studio Calico
Felt flowers and wood veneer leaves by Stampin Up
Wood buttons and epoxy dots by American Crafts
Seam binding from Maya Road
Flair by Studio Calico, One Little Bird and 2 Peas
Wood arrows by Studio Calico

DSC03630

You’ll notice the wind blew a few scattered bits across those cards while I was photographing it. 


Stops: Now here is the entire scrappy hop list for you:

23 comments:

  1. Love this cute Project Life Kit and am especially loving that you have 'moved forward' some of the cards that you didn't use last month. I find myself doing this with embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Making a PL card out of the inspiration photo was such a great idea too. Your kit has some vibrant colors but definitely evokes the fall theme. I really like the butterflies and the cute wood veneer leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you're a tease! I want to see the finished project! i love the card you made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun collection of p/l cards and bits and bobs.They are definitely autumn colours.All will come in handy this month, I 'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwwwwwww! LOVING it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your kit and your inspiration print out. That looks like Susan Branch! The color combination is luscious. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous PL kit...I love the way you put it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful PL kit you got going on for the month :) and lots of fun in that box of embellishment goodies too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love your pocket take on the inspiration - and how clever to make your own card from the cute photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun and wonderful assortment of PL cards and embellishments! Your DIY card from the inspiration is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A pocket card from the inspiration?? BRILLIANT! And you built a great kit around it, too. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many sweet cards in your collection. Especially the readers. She is so cute. What fun you are going to have. I will be lifting your idea and making a copy of the inspiration card also.

    ReplyDelete
  13. nothing wrong with that kit ~ looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. fabulous colors and products!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many creative goodies.
    I love the card with the car on it….looks like a Susan Branch piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you created a card with the inspiration piece. It is adorable. You had so many great things in your stash. Your pages will just fly together.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you turned the inspiration into a 3x4 card! Great kit!I definitely get the "breezy" feel!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great kit! I love the 3x4 cards you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a colourful bright kit - makes me want to start to play.

    ReplyDelete
  20. FAB reveal! I am definitely lifting that PL from the inspiration image idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like the colour scheme of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am really loving the PL direction you are taking right now and the idea of making a pocket card out of the inspiration picture is inspired! Wonderful colours, fun elements, pretty embellishments. Evidence of a wonderful kit.

    ReplyDelete