photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

26 October 2015

Plugged In

Plugged In – a layout for Scrapbook Challenges Sketch 456

plugged in-001 

Start:


Scrapbook Challenges Sketch 456

Story: “Waiting at The Egg and I for breakfast we use Google several times to answer questions and settle friendly debates among us.”

This is happening more and more often, so I thought it deserved a page.  BTW, whatever did we do before Google.

Style & Stash: This page was constructed quickly from a page kit I put together in which one piece of the Jillibean Soup Spicy Social Soup line was the centerpiece.  I also had some of the little cards from that same line, although I gave most of them to my daughter for her Smash book.

The olive flower and heart tag, as well as the cardstock, were from an Stampin Up kit.  I decided to punch little icons from the extra paper and use it to cover the center of the olive flower.  It turned out so cute, that I replicated it by using an old punch in the same shape, also using some Teresa Collins enamel dots for centers. A Jillibean alphabet and a Studio Calico pocket card surround the photo. I like the mix of rounded and straight corners suggested by the sketch.  And  I think I succeeded in creating a fresh look for a topic of such current interest.

Stay tuned, I have made up several other page kits to use up the last few sheets of some other paper lines.

10 comments:

  1. What a fun, bright and cheery layout. Love all the flowers and dots. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact you have made a page about it and look forward to seeing the others you have made up xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page!! Love the fun and cheery colors!! And I love the Egg and I!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love love this! LOVING that you scrapped an everyday moment, the colors and the flowers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It definitely deserves a page! Yesterday I was making one about how we have been googling to find interesting places to go on weekend trips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how clean this page is and the flowers really pop in your design. Fun topic as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great layout, Susanne! I love how you used your home-made kit, too. Your take on the sketch is creative and awesome! Thanks for sharing it with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling layout, Susanne, how perfect is that paper symbols?! We use google all the time, too and yeah, not sure how we managed before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your sprinkling of little flowers - perfectly chosen for your photos. I am sure there used to be other search engines but Google seems to have eclipsed them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are still other search engines - and the various merits are debated here on a regular basis ;)

    ReplyDelete