photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

14 October 2015

Scrapbook Challenges October Mood Board

Remembering Earl – a layout based on the October Mood Board over at Scrapbook Challenges

remembering-001 

Start: The October mood board over at Scrapbook Challenges


sbcoct2015moodboard 
Style: This vertical strip pattern is a go-to page design for me.  I like the straightforward way it pulls one into the center of the page.  The order of it also lends a certain formality.

I had been sorting through some of my older papers and setting aside fall patterns that I liked.  So after seeing the mood board, it was no problem to pull this together with papers from that stack.

Story: My oldest brother Earl passed away last September.  His birthday also falls in September.  So he has been on my mind even more than usual for the last month.  I used the photo collage I created last September when I blogged about it.  It’s a year later, and still I choose to hide the journaling on this one.  You probably understand that.

Okay, now it is time to change my mood!  Off to work on something else.

Stash: Cardstock – Bazzill dotted swiss and Stampin Up
Patterned Papers – Lily Bee, Creative Imaginations (Sept.) and Websters Pages
Wood veneer, felt, green enamel dots – Stampin Up
Alphabet – Basic Grey (inked with Copic marker)
Journal card – Studio Calico
Edge punch – EK Success
Grey enamel dots – Teresa Collins
Chipboard button – Jenni Bowlin

10 comments:

  1. Sometimes it can be very helpful to work out your feelings on a scrapbook page. This is a lovely one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful fall memorial page! I'm sure it is still difficult, but so glad that you were able to put this together as you remember him during this season! Sending hugs & prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely page for remembering a special relationship ... and such sift autumnal colours too. I like those little wooden leaf shapes scattered around the lovely photos of him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Such a beautiful tribute page!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scrapbooking those special memories always brings healing. You chose such happy colors to celebrate this relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout and a wonderful way to share the photographic memories with your little collage of images. I noticed you did this on an earlier page and am making a note to try and achieve this myself when I have time to play. TFS xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for your loss! fabulous page honoring Earl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a lovely looking page in memory of your brother Susanne. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful tribute page to hold some special photos of your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a lovely page and a lovely way remember him. A lovely collage of photos. I can only imagine how hard it must be to make such a page.

    ReplyDelete