photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

28 October 2015

Those Days Are Gone

Those Days Are Gone – a Scrapbook Challenges layout

thosedaysaregone-001

Sorry for the less than perfect picture, we are socked in with rain all day for a second day in a row.  I really think I need to invest in a Shotbox.  Anybody else want to get one?

Start: sbc1027

A song I heard on the radio last week spurred this memory.  So I will share with you the story behind why I love this song.

Story: “Just a week or two before graduation, Fred, my high school sweetheart and first love dumps me.  What a jerk!  I react dramatically and listen to this ballad over and over again.  The haunting melody suits my misery.  Eventually, I quit pitying myself and move on.  Thank you, Eric Carmen!”


Can you believe I was so dramatic @ 17?  Well you should.  There is more to the saga of a break-up that didn’t stay a break-up that should have stayed a break-up because it would only lead to a break-up.  But that’s another story for another page. A girl can't give away all her secrets at one time.


Style: The first thing I decided about this layout was to print the lyrics of the song on the base paper.  I looked them up although I still remember most of them to this day.  Then I split the heart paper layer down the middle in a subtle allusion to my broken heart, but covered most of that up because Eric had healed it.  I needed a good size journal card on which to type my story in a script font.  I used two shades of ink on the title as though part of it has faded with time.  You will notice the symbolic full unbroken little heart down by my senior picture at the end of the layout.  By the way, I discovered I could flip that image to its mirror image in PicMonkey. That is a trick that will come in handy.


Stash:
  • Pink Paislee Cedar Lane Walnut Lane (reverse) 12 x 12 paper, 2 6 x 6 sheets, triangle acetate, epoxy sticker and washi strips
  • Dear Lizzy Documentary Wonder paper
  • My Mind’s Eye My Story Heart Strings paper and chipboard shapes
  • American Crafts Amy Tangerine alphabet and DIY Shop glitter heart sticker
  • Crate Paper buttons
  • One Little Bird for Gossamer Blue journal cards
  • Stampin Up square tag
  • Doodlebug plastic tile

Nearly all of this came from my October Gossamer Blue kits.   I enjoyed scrapping with all the subtle shades of red on this page.

8 comments:

  1. Lots of fun, really. Bet you're glad now to have been dumped at 17!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeee this!!!! LOVING that you shared this story!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sentence: "There is more to the saga of a break-up ..." is brilliant - both funny and poignant at the same time! And yes, oh, how dramatic we are at 17. (And even later, some of us!). Your soft pinks and blues are perfect for this page. Love it :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the great things I've been finding about the GB kits is how many different colour stories and looks there are in each..and yet it all goes together at the same time. I actually had to go back to this page and search out the kit stuff, because you and I had pulled different looks from the same products

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layers and reasons behind what you've used here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely - ah yes the teen age love years - Yikes!

    ReplyDelete