photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

09 November 2015

Celebrating Eighty

Celebrating Eighty – a Scrapbook Challenges layout

DSC04136 

Start: Today’s challenge over at Scrapbook Challenges is Sketch 458

sbcsketch458 


Style: I liked the idea of one vertical and one horizontal photo, but those journaling strips were not appealing to me.  So instead I focused on making a border and playing with thread and buttons.  A scored border is emphasized on two sides with thread strung between brads and buttons at the corners. An extensive title spans the page.

Remember the fun of using sketches is that you can take what you like and leave what you don’t.

Stash: The papers are Thankful Floral – Elle’s Studio and DIY Home Blue Skies – Pebbles from my November Gossamer Blue kit, which doesn’t focus on autumnal colors at all, but subdued shades of clearer colors.  The colorful Thickers alphabet is by Amy Tangerine (Finders Keepers), the brads and cabochons are from Stampin Up, the chipboard by October Afternoon and the buttons from my stash. I sprinkled buttons and brads around the page along with some Mr. Huey’s mist to reinforce the idea of confetti for celebrating.

In other news, it was a productive weekend.  We had gone to see college girl on Wednesday and Thursday, so that pushed chores to the weekend.  I tackled one big project of cleaning out the den closet on Saturday.  Sunday, I was feeling a little off; perhaps it was the result of all that dust from the long-neglected closet.  This morning I am up bright and early putting the finishing touches on the den, and then taking lots of recyclables to the drop-off center at the nature preserve if the rain holds off.

My next project is to clean out the little secretary desk in the music room downstairs – the knick knacks in there are undoubtedly dusty as well.  I hope you have a productive week – but find time for scrapping as well, that’s my plan!

10 comments:

  1. Oh, another inspiring sketch from SBC - and a creative creation from you! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the colours in the letters pick out all the colours in the patterned paper. i haven't used that sheet yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Thickers are great. I've never seen any quite like them. Very unusual style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all those buttons - great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great title, photos & tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the title work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been very productive In lots of areas lately - good for you! I really like the brads and buttons in the corners on your page. It definitely adds a little something special to the sketch you started with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty page!! Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very pretty page to celebrate a big milestone. Did you color your letters?

    ReplyDelete