photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

07 November 2015

Challenge YOUrself #23

Brother & Sister  - a Challenge YOUrself layout



Start:
challenge yourself 23edited

This month’s challenge at Challenge YOUrself is a tic-tac-toe challenge.
I chose the option of  1) ampersand  2) YOU, meaning me and 3) doily.

Story: This photograph was taken less than 6 months after the picture I scrapped for the ScraptoberFest Challenge here.

The journaling reads:  Middle brother Eddie holds middle sister Susie in the backyard at Uncle Ralph’s.  They share that common bond.

[It’s probably why I am his favorite sister, or so I keep telling him!  Perhaps it was only true 50 years ago – and he’s forgotten.]

Style: I am still working in vintage mode – where I am not all that comfortable because I am out of practice.  I chose the same cardstock as the last layout and spread several sheets of the same 6 x 6 pad across the center of the page.  I chose to overlap the sheets instead of cutting strips. Yes, it uses more paper, but the effect when you see the actual page is somehow richer.

This is not an original photo, because the photo badly needed to have the contrast adjusted.  I also opted to crop it in a bit closer.  When I reprinted it, I used 3.5 x 5 instead of 4 x 6 to closer match the previous layout.



Stash: Bazzill vanilla cardstock
Prima Botanical 6 x 6 pad
Prima paper flowers
Jenni Bowlin stickers
Websters Pages alphabet stickers
SEI crochet doily
Art Bar – Scrapperie Journal Art Card
American Crafts chipboard ampersand
Life Love Paper wooden ampersand
Fancy Pants cork heart
Teresa Collins, Becky Higgins and Studio Calico washi tapes
Papertrey Vintage collection buttons
May Arts ribbon
Basic Grey brads

16 comments:

  1. This is a stunning design...what a cool way to use 6x6 paper pads. I love the pretty little cluster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhh this is gorgeous! LOVING that photo, the colors and the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done. Love the vintage papers. The colours go well together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a lovely photo: it certainly deserves the love and care you have spent on it and its proud place on your pretty page

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susanne, this is a gorgeous layout! I love the vintage look you have achieved!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your vintage skills are right on the money. This is beautiful and I like that you layered the 6x6 papers. The textures of the flowers and trim are perfect for this layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really quite amazing!! I love those pretty paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, Susanne! This is absolutely beautiful! I love your design and your journaling. And the way you used the items on the tic-tac-toe board! And that photo is a real treasure! I love, LOVE the way you scrapped it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to compose a page, love the crochet flower embellishment cluster, fab LO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great photo! I like the papers layered all across the background, and your embellishment clusters work really well to draw the eye to the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful page and adorable picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quilted like background!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Inspiring imagination - and creation! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful layout!!!
    Love the vintage look and that crochet flower is perfect as well as the papers.
    Such a sweet photo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely - I like that delicate see-through ribbon and lace on top of the papers - gives a lovely delicate translucent feel.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My goodness, truly stunning

    ReplyDelete