photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

22 November 2015

Finishing Touches on Crop Layouts

I think I have mentioned a time or six, that in September, sis-in-law and I went to a 3 day crop at a Victorian bed and breakfast called The Paper Doll House.  I already showed you the pocket page about our trip.  Today, I’m showing you some two page layouts.

(Ladies, don’t I get a lot of blogging mileage out of my creative trips!!)

These are constructed on bases that we put together at a Creating Keepsakes class back in the spring that was hosted by The Paper Loft.  The green, blue and yellow color palette of their Persnickety line is perfect for pictures of my brother.

Blog Stuff

Before the crop I printed out a picture from each of his annual visits over the last few years.  I had 8 snapshots altogether, and most with a common theme. I added the year to each photo before printing.

Blog Stuff1-001

Paper Loft collections only include paper and sheets of printed cardstock labels, so all the other embellishments you see here are from my stash.  It was a nice change of pace not to have embellishments in the collection, it made for better stash-busting.

Back at Creating Keepsakes, I also purchased some of Paper Loft’s Island Sun collection, and I may use that for scrapping our recent Bermuda trip.  Although, without any pink, it may not be the most suitable.

Even if you are not in the market for American made heavy weight patterned paper, you may want to pop over to their website for inspiration, as they sell page kits and have other examples of double page spreads which can be used as sketches.  And you know how much I love sketches.

6 comments:

  1. Love love love this! LOVING that you documented this and loving the colors and design!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out fabulous! The title cards and words are great accents, and it does look like he enjoyed good fishing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a great collection of photos - I like the design and the colours work so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great pages!!!
    I love that your pages focus on the photos as well as having the pattern paper and works pop.
    Love your layouts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off...I am super impressed that you didn't make one but two double pages. How neat to use photos from consecutive visits. Love the color and design of your pages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well designed double trucks with lots of memories. Happy Thanksgiving week!

    ReplyDelete