photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

24 November 2015

Let’s Go - And Right Now - the CKC Member Blog Hop and more

Welcome to the November 2015 Counterfeit Kit Challenge members' blog hop.  Here's the order of the hop, so you don't miss a thing.  My post is pretty short, so you definitely have time to hop!



Let’s Go – And Right Now – a counterfeit kit challenge layout

DSC04048 

Story: “One great joy of retirement is the ability to get up and go on short notice.  In order to catch the last colorful days of Indian Summer we plan one day and travel the next to Giant City State Park in Southern Illinois.”

Story behind the story: This is actually our second trip to hike at Giant City State Park, which is near where hubby’s aunt lives.  We took a trip there early in the summer, but all the good pictures were lost in the great hard drive crash of 2015.  We only had a few snaps from our daughter’s cell phone.

So we had to get back there and see how it looked in autumn.  These are all shots from my point and shoot (even the selfies).  There are even better ones on hubby’s DSLR, and once we have them printed, those will go into an album of hiking trips.

Stash: This is actually all from my Free As The Wind kit, including the iconic inspiration card shown there.  Because I got a late start using my October kit, you will continue to see it interspersed with my Happy November kit, maybe all the way into December.  The colors will all work together – almost as if I planned – because that is just the kind of counterfeiter I am.

Style: This page took forever!!!  It was only when I stopped trying to add colorful filler cards and went with lighter, less busy cards that it came together.

Okay, let's go finish the hop - and right now!

17 comments:

  1. Super cute page Susanne, it's wonderful to be able to just go and the page shows that :) I thought I recognized that card :) Makes a fun filler card for the page too. Have an enjoyable Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! So colorful,...i can see why the lighter cards might bring it together better. Your PL pages always have a nice balance of adding interest without detracting attention from the pictures. Love the PL card that you made, "free as..."!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! LOVING the photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pocket style pages - they're so beautifully balanced!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely worth the return trip! The beauty of pocket pages is being able to showcase that many photos. Your de-emphasis on the fillers lets your photos shine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab photos Susanne...and love the pocket page layout! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pocket cards and embellishments take a nice backseat to the beautiful photos. The "Free as the wind" card from your October kit is my favorite - it kind of sums up the retirement life right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely page and such beautiful photos! we just don't have autumn like that in my part of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a great hard drive crash of 2015, too. Ugh! Fortunately, I had saved all my photos on an online site. Sigh of relief! Love this pocket page! Such beautiful, fall colors, and those cork critters are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Autumn colours enhance any page. Perhaps these are better than the originals that you took.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't even want to think about a hard drive crash!!!!! Great page. I love the Free as a Wind card you added- almost looks like Susan Branch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful location. And the tie in of the theme card from the October kit is symbiotic with colour and background story. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These pocket pages are gorgeous. Love the fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning photos and such a great spread - love your As Free As The Wind kit and I really must make that image into a 3x4 for mine too - I'm sure I could use it although whether it would be as perfect as this I'm not sure! A really lovely spread - you know how I feel about autumn! I'm discovering many lost photos that I didn't even realise I'd lost through various unfortunate computer incidents over the last 18 months or so. I clearly need to raise my back-up processes. But your return trip has yielded some truly gorgeous shots so maybe that's a positive to come out of it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this! Those little cork stickers are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you are getting time to wander - what a great kit too.

    ReplyDelete