photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

11 November 2015

Love These Moments Together

Love These Moments Together – a Scrapbook Challenges Mood Board challenge layout

these moments-001 

Start: Here’s the November 2015 Mood Board:

sbcnovmood

I was enchanted by the feathers – and found this Elle’s Studio feather printed paper in my November 2015 Gossamer Blue kit.  I am enjoying the very un-fall-like colors.

Story: The fella there is hubby’s cousin, pictured with his mom and wife.  He is no longer with us; he died far too young, quite unexpectedly of a heart attack almost 5 years ago. I will add the journaling above the picture and the date below.  I chose my bright color scheme because our memories are happy ones.  He continues to  be sorely missed at Thanksgiving – as we gather with that side of the family.

Style: This is what I call a bits and bobs page.  I made the title and a shelf under the photo using bits and bobs from the kit.  It was both fun and frustrating.  This is version #3, I tweaked it after photographing it 2 separate times.  At least I liked it better every time I walked away and then came back to it. (Except for the fact that now it looks like there is the back of a pop-dot stuck to the top right corner.)

So do you do bits and bobs pages?  How do you know when you have included enough bits and bobs?  How do you know when to stop?  Do you most often make them when working with a kit or a paper collection and matching embellishments – or are you so bold as to be able to pull from your stash at will?  Any names you want to share of scrapbookers who have mastered this technique?

Stash: Stampin Up and Tim Holtz cardstock
Making Memories varnish houndstooth paper
Elle’s Studio Thankful line paper, cork pieces and little die-cuts
Simple Stories wood veneer
Amy Tangerine sticker
Rhonna Farrer Autumn Leaves buttons

7 comments:

  1. Like the theme and colors that match the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If by bits and bobs as a technique you mean gathering together lots of little things, then that's the way I make all my pages.

    That feathers paper really is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm quite taken with feathers as a motif at the moment. Lovely page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! LOVING all the feathers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this page Susanne...no I never know when to stop embellishing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that large block of embellishments that anchors your photo - so many wonderful little components yet they read as a whole when looking at the layout at first. And I really like that feather paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I like the colours and movement from those feathers. Yes, I like bits and bob pages, I walk away and come back. If I take stuff off and it looks better I keep going until I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete