photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

06 November 2015

Loved

Loved – a Scrapbook Challenges sketch challenge layout

Loved 

Start: I started with the current Flashback Friday Sketch over at Scrapbook Challenges:

fbf sketch 232 updated 
Style: When I saw those 2 x 2 photo blocks I immediately thought of the little pocket cards from my September counterfeit kit.  So I decided to use them and lots of other bits and bobs out of that box for this layout.

The papers are from an April 2015 Studio Calico kit which I had just barely touched.  My favorite part of the page is that Scenic Route alphabet.  I have been using up more of my non-Thickers brand alphabets since I rearranged them in the studio.  Using up old stuff feels great.  They should be loved too, don’t you think?

Alignment plays a big role in the cohesiveness of this layout.  I made sure that my 2 x 2 lined up with the edge of the photo on one side and the edge of the tag on the other side.  I also chose to place the buttons on those tags at the line in the design of the tags.  It gives the layout a neat and tidy element, off which the scattered confetti plays nicely.

Stash: American Crafts:  Nickel cardstock, flat back round buttons
Studio Calico: 2 patterned papers (Daisy Buchanan and Morning Glory),
      journal cards, confetti and washi tape
Stampin Up: extra large button, silver cord and ink for distressing
Scenic Route: chipboard alphabet
Jenni Bowlin:  chipboard button
Snug hug:  seam binding
Smooch Spritz:  mists
Unknown:  silver charm

6 comments:

  1. Now if id only seem that sketch, I'd have passed it by thinking, nope not one that captures me, but after seeing your layout, I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a priceless photo, great choice of papers and embellishments and an even better memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely photo...love the sequins that draws your eye across the design of your page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific layout Susanne! The pastels and feminine touches like the button and sequins soften the straight edges of the design. That sweet little charm on the tag's bow is a perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this layout, especially how you have the photo & journaling on the larger tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling layout and photo!! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete