photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

01 November 2015

November Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop

Welcome to the November Counterfeit Kit Challenge reveal blog hop.  Glad you are here, on what for me is a beautiful fall day.  If you need it, the entire hop list is at the end of this post, as well as at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog.

Start:
  • Our inspiration for November is the new paper line by Pink Paislee called Cedar Lane.  It has lovely fall colors plus a soft turquoise and purple.  Very pretty!

    CedarLanetop

    As it happens, I received some of this line in my October Gossamer Blue kit – so I decided that I would start with 3 pieces of that (including the iconic acetate sheet of triangles) and build on it for my pocket page kit this month.  Because I was working with lots of other brands of older cards, I opted to ignore the purple.


    DSC03783

    Cards row by row:
  • Pink Paislee Cedar Lane (3)
  • Pink Paislee Cedar Lane (2), Ormolu (raised), Elle’s Studio, Studio Calico (raised), Basic Grey
  • Echo Park, Snailmaillove printable, In A Creative Bubble, Studio Calico, We R Memory Keepers, Maggie Holmes (raised), Gossamer Blue
  • We R Memory Keepers, Basic Grey, Ormolu, Gossamer Blue, Prima (Packaging), Gossamer Blue
Stuff I gathered: Here’s my main kit:

DSC03785-001

I named it Happy November.

Stash: Acorn Avenue chipboard pieces, Peebles Harvest enamel dots, Evalicious flair, Prima Leeza Gibbons leaf die cuts, Doodlebug tile alphabet, Thickers chipboard alphabet, Simple Stories DIY canvas arrows, Prima gems, Pink Paislee Cedar Lane word stickers, Studio Calico mini alphabet, Imaginisce Harvest Collection puffy stickers, Bella Blvd Perfect Autumn brads.

Stuff I Still Need: This month we were instructed to do an add-on kit and incorporate a spotlighted item based on what we thought was missing from that collection.  I immediately thought cork – and remembered these beauties by Prima:

coffeecork

Finish the hop today, and make notes of what each Master Forger chose as their item.  Tomorrow you will be able to see them all in one spot.

For even more inspiration and fun stop by here on the 4th and you can see how I duplicated those cork thing-a-ma-jigs, and what other stuff I made or altered for my add-on kit.  Of course, there will be other Forgeries on the Fourth at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog too.

Stops on the Hop:
Enjoy!!

15 comments:

  1. A beautiful kit S - lucky you to have some of the original papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving what you came up with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like another FUN kit to enjoy this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are truly becoming our resident Project Life/Pocket Page expert, Susanne. I always like when I can slip in a few pieces of the original inspiration, if I have them. You always create the sweetest pocket pages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic kit! I love the add on item! In answer to your question on my blog-the large floral and matching chipboard are from a Close To My Heart Workshop that my sister in law went to-not sure if they still make it or not, but I loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even without the purple, I think your version stayed very true to the inspiration. I really like your selection of pocket cards and those pretty leaf diecuts. I will definitely be back on the fourth to find out how you forged the cork pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome! and love the cork (gave me an idea)-can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooo cute kit! I spy squirrels and a fox, can't wait to see those on a layout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you know how I love November too so I knew that your kit would be a good one - and it is! Really like that you are limiting it to your pocket page work and that is clearly going well for you - such a lovely mix of cards and papers. I was thrilled to receive the Cedar Lane collection from Scrapabilly so I feel like I get the best of both worlds - but mixing them together is maybe an even better best of both worlds! Here's to us this month

    ReplyDelete
  10. You definitely named your kit well-it's definitely a Happy November kit. All the papers and embellishments are so cheerful and reminiscent of fall. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful kit, and I can't wait to see what you come up with using it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a lovely little kit full of super details and I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun using it x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful kit and the add on is fabulous :) Super cute cards :) If your into sketches you may want to check out the new PL challenge blog and play along:
    http://sketchesinthymepl.blogspot.com/
    The will be focusing on a new sketch each week :) You'll see some project life pages completed with my kit too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I keep forgetting that you are doing PL forgeries - such a manageable size to use up before the next one! Great selection for Happy November : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your mix of cards and papers to work with.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete