photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

25 November 2015

Old is Gold

Old Is Gold – a counterfeit kit challenge pocket page

DSC04049 


Story: “On our trip to Southern Illinois we discover an antique mall with many old treasures. But they have nothing compared to L’s collection.  Every holiday, including Halloween, she goes to town on the decorations.”

Look at the last picture – enlarged below.  See that nifty old postal station with all its drawers.  They also had the board with all the keys too.  How unbelievably cool is that!!  It is so rare that they kept the key board up by the register – smart!! 

2015 October2

I think a trip to this antique mall will have to go on my and L’s agenda soon.  It is her kind of place.
Style: Okay, am I the only one who insists on giving my pocket pages a title?  Maybe it is my love of Thickers or maybe because it then becomes the blog post title as well.  I don’t know, but I don’t recall seeing anyone else doing it consistently.  I think that if the photos can all be tied together in a story, then why wouldn’t it have a title?

Stash: Some from October’s kit and some from November’s, and did you spot the two ringer cards I added in the second row.  I had pulled these out ages ago for my fall kits and then promptly set them aside where I did not rediscover them until it was too late to include them in the kits.   This is why I needed to set up a Project Life workstation.  Luckily, it is never too late to use your stash, as any good counterfeiter will tell you.

I am enjoying those little Lily Bee alphabets I cut up and put on my Raskog cart.  I hope my pages for November can stay as colorful, but recent rains have brought the leaves down to the ground.

A blog editor's note:  November has been one of the most productive scrapping and blogging months in the history of Snaps And Snippets - so the entire scrapping, photographing, writing, scheduling and editing staff is taking a nice extra-long Thanksgiving break - every ONE of us.  See you in early December.


14 comments:

  1. Love the page...Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Susanne...enjoy the break xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go there! LOVING this page!! Great photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    This is a great blog post title AND page title. I had never thought of giving pocket pages titles..but, why not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous is this and the place that you went! I wish that we had places like that closer to me here in Australia! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog the other week too. Sorry that it's taken so long to reply. I am able to follow my blog in bloglovin if that helps you at all? Have a happy thanksgiving! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful pocket page spread. Hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh - I would definitely like to visit that antique shop! I haven't worked on pocket pages in a long time but I think giving them titles is a great idea to see the subject matter at a glance. I see lots of people using dates or weeks to introduce their spreads so why not use a title instead?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a note! I didn't really think people visited my blog anymore, but with your post now I know all my work is for a reason! :) Thank you and hope you have a wonderful Holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice layout! Hope you are enjoying your Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you have a title! I totally agree with your rationale. That shop looks like a great find. I have a large stash of those tiny alphas & love how they look, but they are certainly a challenge to use.

    ReplyDelete
  10. those antiques are real treasures - antiquing doesn't seem so popular here and we don't have any space for anything new anyway but those drawers DO seem super cool! Love your PL pages - I'm inching closer for a Jan start!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love looking at vintage(anything)!!! Great page. thanks for stopping by~

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your page!! AND that store/mall looks AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like a great store to wander through.

    ReplyDelete