photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

14 November 2015

Scrapbook Haven

Scrapbook Haven – a pocket page from MME’s Kate & Co. Cambridge Court paper line

DSC04080 

Story: This page documents our 3 day crop at The Paper Doll House, a Victorian bed & breakfast scrapbook retreat.  It includes one page A design and one 5 x 7 insert holding 2 pictures the B & B proprietor sent me after I had finished my pocket page.

One of my goals at the crop was to use up collections I had received at Creating Keepsakes conventions in prior years.  I had done quite a few cards from this collection, but had some leftovers which I used in these pocket pages.  I had also used it to decorate the pocket card that the proprietor asked us to sign for her guest book – at the bottom left.  Of course, I took a picture before handing it over.


Style: The first pocket is the B & B’s postcard.

DSC04072

The second contains parts of an Elle’s Studio card in not-quite-rectangular shapes that I cut up because only 3 of the 4 colors on the card worked with my scheme. I am no longer afraid to experiment with cutting up cards, if it suits my purpose.  I think it is better to alter a card at hand to work, than to search endlessly for just the perfect one, which you may or may not find.  Besides, the result looks very scrappy, and therefore, page-appropriate.  Don’t you agree?


Stash: The only other additions to the page were alphabets – some acrylic letters from my stash which are not square either and a very old circle alphabet from Heidi Grace.

And I will still be keeping company with Kate & Co., as I have paper, chipboard, buttons and brads all remaining.  Not to mention the matching stamp set. 

I think next year I will limit myself to a maximum of 5 sheets of any one collection and 2 coordinating accessories.  It is really difficult for me to use up paper and pretties once I become bored with them.

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous place to hang out for a weekend!! I loveeeeee what you made ... just beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat to cut up and re-use (and the pieces work perfectly) - and you're right, such a time saver. What a glorious venue and occasion; I love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out great - looks like it was a FUN crop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name too! They'd definitely be able to get me to stay there with a name like that

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout looks great. Looks like a fun time. My left overs just get put in a scrap box and come in handy when making cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is lovely - and how nice to have the photo of the full group!

    ReplyDelete