photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

20 November 2015

Sharing Our Thanks And Gratitude

Welcome to today’s blog hop.  It has certainly been a hoppy happy November, hasn’t it.  BTW, this isn’t even the last hop of the month, as the member's hop in still in the hopper.

cherish tray

Start: The design team members at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog are using some creative thankful printables by the very talented Allison Kimball to celebrate our gratitude this November.  After all, 'tis the season. 

You can find these fabulous printables to download here and here.  I used two.  First, I cut one in half and made a tag split between two boxes.  Then I used part of another to layer on top.  In Picasa I changed the tone into a warmer and less harsh one than the black and white.

cherish tray details

My other favorite detail of this printers’ tray is the spool of XOs.  My engineer son could explain to you that because of negative torque that wants to unwind the cardstock from around the spool, you need to use lots of adhesive.  It popped off several times until I added  double-sided tape on the spool as well as glue dots on the ends of the paper.

Style & Stash: Because we counterfeiters really like to use up our stash, I pulled out an old class Elle’s Studio kit to make my project.  The kit was called Forever Grateful from back in 2011.  As these things go, of course, the directions didn’t match up with photo sizes I had printed.  So most of the design work here (excepting the bottom right compartment) was my own take using those supplies, plus bits from my stash.

The 12 x 12 papers included in the kit were from Crate Paper’s Random collection and Studio Calico’s Memoir line. The epoxy LOVE was from Momenta and chipboard squares with my family members’ initials are from Making Memories.  The black Thickers are from American Crafts, and the skinny black washi is from Tim Holtz.
Stops:

I would be remiss if I did not end this post with thanks to you for hopping along with us at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge.  We are grateful that you do. 

Furthermore, I would be doubly remiss if I did not give a shout-out of gratitude to the wonderful team at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge – these gals are not only talented, but a joy to know and work alongside!

14 comments:

  1. I do love a printer's tray! (and as I say every year now: it wouldn't do us any harm at all to import your tradition of Thanksgiving)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! What a great reminder to be thankful, and a great decor piece all in one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhh this is simply GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a real stunner! I love how you spread the printable over two slots in the tray & made it into a tag shape. And you used a kit called, Forever Grateful? How perfect! I especially like all the lace & ribbon, and the little spool is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! a beautiful project and the gratitude artwork fits just fine with the project :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a spectacular display! I love the idea of making the list into a tag! I adore tags! Thank you for using my download.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the printer tray idea and a great twist to make the tag out of the printable! The colors are very cozy and warm - ideal for a project about family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowser, this is beautiful! Such an amazing project - and one I never would have thought of creating with those downloads! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This turned out great! I have a printer tray that I need to get started on soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your printers tray turned out beautifully. Love theat XO spool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is lovely - and thank you so much for the links to those gratitude printables.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving this hop and all the different types of projects. Your shadow box is delightful. That bottom right compartment looks like it holds little notes of gratitude to each of your family members, perhaps? Using the blue/green paper in three compartments grounds the composition, by giving the eye a path to travel. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another example of a super use of the printables and getting some older stash used up in a way that is perfectly you, right up to date and just lovely! I bet this looks stunning hanging up in your home and what a lovely way to express your love for your family. I love how we all went different directions with this project!. Thanks so much for joining in. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow--amazing project! So many cute little touches!

    ReplyDelete