photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

18 November 2015

Thankful Thoughts

There’s a new kind of challenge over at Scrapbook Challenges today.  It’s called Recycle-It.

recycleitchallenge

The idea is to reuse an old sketch for a given type of project and a given theme.  I used Sketch 412 and here’s my card.

thankfulthoughts

I “interpreted” everything – the stacked log photo card represented the quilted background.  The stamped image of the tree and pumpkins is from a Stampin Up stamp set called Happy Scenes that we used at a recent class.  The sentiment from an older retired set.

I divided that upper block into 2 “inside” and “outside” sections by using a marker-stained frame with a house nested within. The sentiment was put on a separate block and anchored with wooden circle.  Both hearts were backed with tangerine tango cardstock that matched the color of the sentiment.  A simple gold ribbon ties the elements together.

I am pleased as pumpkin at how it turned out.

11 comments:

  1. Fun challenge and a beautiful card. I love the natural colour palette and that wood log background paper is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great take on the sketch with a beautiful card in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the frame and the little house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Love that gold ribbon and the framed house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so many sketches that recycling one hasn't even come up yet!! Actually, I would just be happy to get in my scrapbook room for a couple of hours. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely take on the sketch challenge. I love how you interpreted it for your own unique style. Love the little wooden house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is lovely - I like the tango cardstock behind it seems to glow.

    ReplyDelete