photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

07 December 2015

Challenge YOUrself #24

#Cards - a Challenge YOUrself layout

hastacards 

Start: challenge yourself 24 
Story: We go to St. Louis Cardinals games every year.  And every year I scrap one or two pictures of us at the ballpark.  There is not a whole lot of story in any single year, but I love seeing how we have changed over the years in my album.


Style: I started with the fishtail banners behind the photo – I made mine oversized and then divided them into strips using baseball washi tape.  Adding the title work and the ticket naturally fell to the left side.  You will notice that instead of having a strip at the very top of my page, I have lowered it onto the main background paper and moved the star to the center to draw the eye right down into the center of the page.


Stash: I am particularly happy about using some old elements here like the Scenic Route grid photo mat and the round circle die-cut and paper strips, which were the last of some leftovers from Cardinals pages in prior years.  The Cardinals diagonal paper was new; I picked it up at the Creating Keepsakes convention in April of this year.


As Cardinals fans, we are spoiled by their success in recent years. Even though they did not make it very far in the post-season in 2015, you can be assured we will be at the ballpark again next year – we are fans!

8 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch Susanne, the way you incorporated the ticket, the subtle washi strips and the big circle holding the title - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh I love love love this!!! LOVING all the Cardinals goodies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Susanne...I love this page. Great design and color...and those little star buttons are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you on stash :) page looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun page and fabulous family picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is so cute - and I like the older stash sneaking in too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ticket looks such an integral part of your design that I hadn't realised it was memorabilia at first - great job at using it in such a way. Super page. Love that family photo

    ReplyDelete