photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

29 January 2016

Duke Is Part of the Family

Duke is Part of the Family – a Scrapbook Challenges Flashback Friday sketch layout

duke family 

Start: sbcffsketch201

Here is the sketch we were given.

Style: This layout has fairly recent patterned paper and an odd lot of old embellishments.  It was done when I needed to get my mojo flowing again.  My approach was to make  it fun without being complicated – mixing playful patterns and layering was the game plan.  I will admit it took me twice as long as usual to complete because I was not working from a kit.  I spent too much time deliberating the choice of ribbons and buttons – umm. . . make that button!  I never did find the doggie themed flair I know I have, and even now, I am tempted to move those enamel dots around.

I like the design’s straight lines, circles and scallops.  I had the self-control to only look at pictures in my to-be-scrapped box.  I don’t have a 4 inch punch, and using my Cricut or even my Creative Memories cutting system was going to slow me down – not ideal when your mojo is not strong.  So given that I have a 2 1/2 inch punch, I used smaller circles and then tucked the transparency behind the two most important circles for emphasis. 

Admittedly, there is not much story here.  He’s cute and he’s spoiled – enough said.  Naturally I let my title tell a big part of the story, because you know how I feel about titles (wink)!

Stash: Bazzill cardstock
Echo Park Bark, Jillibean Soup Fur Fusion Soup and Bella Blvd Rover patterned papers
SEI Homestead alphabet and border
Basic Grey small alphabet
My Mind’s Eye tranparency
Little Yellow Bicycle printed chipboard
EK Success Carte Blanche scalloped chipboard
Leaky Shed Studio dachsund shaped chipboard
Bella Blvd heart button
Teresa Collins essentials enamel dots
Queen & Co. Candy Shoppe dots
Jillibean Soup journal sprouts and die-cut vellum hearts
Stampin Up ribbons and punches
Versamagic chalk inks


This is my final challenge for the Scrapbook Challenges blog, I am rotating off at the end of this term. It has gone by fast and has been a fun and productive experience - I recommend it!  In fact, if you had not seen, there is now a Design Team call open over there.  In February they are doing something different while retooling the blog a bit before the new Design Team begins.  Go check it out - it's a cool challenge site!!

Stay tuned to see where this scrapper pops up next with her scissors in hand.

10 comments:

  1. Very cute layout. That poochie paper is adorable. Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is a cute photo of him. I like where the enamel dots are and completely understand that the doggie flair has gone missing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all the white space you left in the center and how you adapted the circles in the design to what you had on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love this!! Doggies are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not every layout needs a story, just because, is story enough. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susanne, this is such an adorable page!! Love all the bright colors. Sorry that my busy January has kept me from stopping by. Hope to be back on track with blogging. Always love seeing what you create!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a super cute whimsical page that really appeals! Who could resist that little face?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need a new challenge or two to participate in, so I'll check them out! Love how inspiring it has been for you x

    ReplyDelete