photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

07 January 2016

I Miss the Good Old Days

I Miss The Good Old Days – a Scrap YOUrself Challenge #25 layout

miss the good old days-001

Start: January 2016’s challenge over at Challenge YOUrself is “Anything Goes”.


Story: As you can surmise when you read this layout, I wrote all that journaling on a day when I was missing my “babies”.  The details I share form a definite timeline of their growing up.

I used two photos of them when they were just teeny tiny – each baby less than a year old.  I originally wanted to use a photo of me sitting on the floor playing with them both, attired in leggings and an oversized shirt as alluded to on the layout (perhaps proving that at one time I was both skinny and flexible enough to be able to do so).  But I could not find that photo.  While searching, I did happen across these two where I am wearing denim jumpers, which were both cozy and good for hiding that I had not quite lost all the baby weight. (Oh to have that excuse now!)

Style: I knew when I typed the journaling that I would do a three column layout.  I have also noticed that clipped paper corners have been making the rounds on internet layouts lately, so I incorporated those. Combined with two sizeable gold hearts, they guide your eye diagonally through the three columns.

Stash: Nearly all of this comes from my January counterfeit stash kit called Sweetbriar Rose; the details can be found at this post.  The exceptions being a sheet of vanilla cardstock and the tiny gold heart confetti I punched from a deerhead die-cut I knew I would be unlikely to use.

If you haven't joined in over at Challenge YOUrself, January is the time because ANYTHING GOES!!

20 comments:

  1. Love love love this! LOVING the photos and how you did the journaling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and at the time we thought those days would go on forever. The look of your photos takes me right back to that time myself. And who would have thought then that now we'd be saying we missed Barney?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I couldn't have said it any better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you're making me extremely nostalgic. But someday you may have a grandchild or two and get to make terrific new memories with little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome page~I miss the good ole days too! BTW~ the comment you left on my blog made my day. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, such a beautiful layout and one from the heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never would have recognized this as a 3-column page with those corners! Making a mental note...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, I loved those days. Happy memories despite the challenges of bringing up a child on the spectrum. Weren't those denim dresses hand? We call them pinafores here as a jumper is what you call a sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful layout and story behind the layout. I love your photos, too. Your journaling always blows me away - GREAT work, my friend! I am so happy to have you on our design team!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic layout. All of that journalling is awesome (I really struggle to add the story sometimes) so I might just pop over to Challenge YOUrself to see if it might help!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful Susanne! I love that you took time to write that journaling as you were missing your kids, and the three column layout design works perfect with this story and your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous work Suzanne. I have similar photos which I must dig out & scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your layout looks terrific. I sure understand your dilemma, but
    I am not sure I could keep up with it all after running around with the grandkids!
    The journaling is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely walk down memory lane...and you will have most of that again (sans the leggings) when your children have children.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great page! Lovely colors and all the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a fabulous page!! Those are the days that are truly missed!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I remember thinking those days would last forever - but also knowing they'd go so fast. Lovely pages and journalling.

    ReplyDelete
  18. a great page with a super design and such a poignant story. Very much enjoying these layouts featuring you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very sweet-especially love the journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really lovely page - you have packed a lot of memories into the layout

    ReplyDelete