photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

01 January 2016

January 2016 Counterfeit Kit Reveal Blog Hop

Happy New Year!!  Let's start the year off in real style.  Enjoy my kit and get around to the rest of the design team (list at end of post), if you haven’t already. 

Start: This month’s counterfeit kit was inspired by Scarlet Lime’s Planner Society kits.  You can chose any planner kit that you wish, and you do not have to make a planner kit,  Just use it as inspiration for whatever kind of kit you want to compile. I spied October’s:


octplannersociety1octplannersociety2

Can you say “gorgeous”?

Style:
I nearly swooned as I have always liked Scarlet Lime.  Christy has always had a consistent look in the papers she designs.  And I still had 8 sheets of Scarlet Lime paper left from years ago, featuring flowers not unlike her current papers.  These are designs so pretty that they have been spared in numerous purges of single-sided paper from my stash.  The colors are a little more subdued than the inspiration kit, but this will be used in January, after all.


1-DSC04237

The papers reminded me of Maggie Holmes’ Flea Market line. I had a few single-sided pieces from a paper pad which had also been spared.  Lovely together, don’t you think.  I purposely chose that sheet of tags and labels – it is destined to be cut up.

2-DSC04239

Next, I pulled some alphabets.  When looking for embellishments tried to choose items that would have been around when I bought Scarlet Lime kits year ago plus newer goodies as well.

DSC04250

3-DSC042454-DSC04246
5-DSC04247

STASH KIT – SWEETBRIAR ROSE: 

1-Stash Kit January 2016 

Stash: Sweetbriar Rose is probably not the exact kind of flower pictured on that pretty paper, but I am taking creative license.

Scarlet Lime – 8 sheets of patterned paper
Maggie Holmes Crate Paper Flea Market – 4 sheets of patterned paper
Hambly Screen Prints – grey doilies transparency
American Crafts Thickers – Magical, Homegrown & Snippets alphabets
American Crafts Dear Lizzy tenant phrases chipboard
October Afternoon Daily Flash and My Mind’s Eye Collectable chipboard
Becky Higgins Project Life Desktop chipboard & lace transparencies
Websters’ Pages fabric tickets
Stampin Up twill chevron ribbon, roses of white ribbon and hard resin, epoxy brads, vanilla label holder
Making Memories buttons
Hello Forever fishtail pennants
Gossamer Blue blue washi tape
Lily Bee assorted mini alphabets
Whisker Graphics mini bags
ArtMinds painted wooden doilies
Lace, navy and dotted grosgrain ribbons from stash

Stops: Now here’s the rest of the team, so you can hop around and see their kits too.


Enjoy!!

“No pocket kit this month, S?” you inquire.  Well, as it happens, it is the new year – time to adjust plans for the year ahead.  I have a new plan.  Each month I am going to pick a dozen project life cards that work with my scrapbook kit and to use up embellishments from the main kit, some purposefully chosen in a smaller scale.

So here’s a dozen cards selected from Becky Higgins Project Life Floral mini kit.

DSC04252

Let’s try this out and see how it works.  "They" say the secret to Project Life is to make it work for you.  I have not happened on to just the right approach yet.  I may change up the kind of pictures I want to include in Project Life; I may do more contemplative journal writing; I may not share as many pocket pages; I may . . ..  As I said, I will try it out and see how it works.  It is January – things could change.  I am Susanne - things will change!

17 comments:

  1. Good luck with finally using those papers - a fitting end to be included in this kit S! Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhh loving your choices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on the original kit and using those SL papers from way back when is clearly a great place to start. I think we all have similar goals for the new year and new kits - I like your new approach and the idea with the pocket page cards is super. Great to be scrapping with you again this new year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty kit with a bit of a vintage vibe - bet you're happy you held on to those gorgeous papers. Love the photo of the embellishments - you've got some really wonderful things to use this month. I like your new idea about the PL cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, love the purples and navys in your kit-plummy perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luuuuuuve your papers. And the idea to coordinate your pocket scraping to the kit is a little bit of genius.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you were inspired to dig out your papers, too! And very fun to try to keep the embellis to the same "era". Love that delicate little cream frame & the OA heart stickers - and what a great kit name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pink and aqua together,swoon! I love your collection of papers and your embellies as well. Looking forward to seeing what you produce.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love how you balanced the floral prints with more subtle papers. So many cute embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year. I do like the kit you have created and look forward to seeing what you create with all those goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful kit, love all the banners you've included! And as for Project Life, I was just contemplating trying that out this year, but...yeah I don't know, we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the shabby, chic vintage vibe of this beautiful kit. There's some real loveliness to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful kit, love the little doilys.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my what a lovely kit :) Love the purple you brught into the kit :) Those wooden doilies I got some of those at Michaels last month (swoon on those) Now I got to make sure I don't hoard them :)I like your thoughts on PL I feel the same way to add some to the kit and use them with the main kit :) This month I totally forgot to add some, probably because PL wasn't on my goal list for the month :)Can't wait to see what you do with all those goodies

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your kits never disappoint. Ever. You'd done a lovely counterfeit. I think I had some of those Skarlet Lime papers too at one point! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete