photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

12 January 2016

January Counterfeit Challenge–Card with Matching Tag

The second challenge over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog is to make gift giving more festive by creating a matching card and tag.  Well, how about a matching tag inside a card?





I got this idea where I get many of my ideas for making cards – out of a basket of samples and cards sent to me by my sis-in-law Trenna.  Here is one she created to hold two gift cards that are attached to pull-out tags.  I started to deconstruct it to figure it out on my own, but she had it fastened together all too well. So I contacted her.




This is called a double-pocket card and you can find easy directions here on SplitCoastStampers – another great source for card ideas. I found many examples on Pinterest as well.  If you are mailing them, you can keep them flat like her example, and can even cut some of the hidden flaps out to save on weight.



This is made from a single letter-size sheet of double-sided patterned paper.  My kit papers were all single sided but I was able to easily adapt the pattern, by covering the white middle layer and the reverse with a complementary pattern – easy peasey, and great for using up paper off-cuts. Once you construct your first one, you too can adapt it to any size of scrap paper – mine was a bit smaller than 8.5 x 11.   I decided to clip the very top corner too and let the heart sit there.  I made the tag from the Maggie Holmes paper, just folding a section of three bits back to back and tying some floss at the top.  The project life card will hold a note to college girl.







This is obviously a handy card when sending gift cards – you can do a tag or insert with the greeting on it for one slot and use the other slot for the moolah!  Now pop over to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog and see what my cohorts have done for this challenge.

Gotta run, want to pop this into the care package for college girl – she’s been gone nearly a week!

13 comments:

  1. Beautifully done - such a neat idea. I'm not good at card making but love pockets, so I am off now to check out your links ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhh this is gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic card - I don't think I've seen the double pocket before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! It will be perfect for some little Valentine treats I'll be mailing next month - thanks for the link to the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty set and a clever idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So clever and so so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very creative solution to making an ordinary gift card presentation extra special, and the tag with the sentiment makes a nice keepsake! Thanks for the links :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea of adding in a tag/bookmark as well as a gift card. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so fun to make. Great presentation for a gift card or special words. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. perfect and such a great idea. Will need to pin this I think as I never have card inspiration when I need it. thanks for showing me that this kind of thing is easier than I think.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun card and tag!!!
    I was taught how to make one at a make and take....but didn't adhere it together so I could remake it at a later time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, thanks for sharing the link to the instructions (not one that I've come across on Splitcoast Stampers) as I love this idea! Yours is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! love the bold print and how gorgeous this is!

    ReplyDelete