photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

12 February 2016

Counterfeit Kit Challenge 2–Inspired by Fairy Tales

The second challenge over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog for February 2016 is to be inspired by fairy tales, for instance, a favorite of mine – The Princess and the Pea.

  princessandthepea

Having just completed a layout I had quite a few narrow scraps left, and I thought they might make perfect layers of quilts like shown above. I even put one uneven layer in there too.  (Because even hubby who makes our bed most mornings, being the last one out of bed, doesn’t always get the covers straight.)  After anchoring all the layers together with an embossed star pattern, to give a nod to quilting, I used a little marker to give further definition to the layers.


iloveyoucard

On top of all those layers, I plumped up, umm . . I mean,  popped up a pillow on which to put the main sentiment.  The rest goes down below and is punctuated by a pea, umm . . . I mean, a period.  And I decided to faux-stitch on the bed ruffle.

iloveyoucarddetail

This was a quick card from scraps, my favorite kind.  It all came from my February Scrap In A Snap counterfeit kit.  Come back on Sunday to see the layout from which the scraps originated.

9 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhh I loveeeeeeeee this! LOVING those layers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this...so pretty and a fabulous way to use those last little scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute! I love the faux stitching, like a patchwork

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfection! The embossed "quilting", the faux-stitching (had to look 3x before I believed it wasn't thread), the double heart trinket - FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! Perfect use for all those leftover paper strips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous idea for leftovers. I have a basketfull & must use them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great inspiration!! Love your take :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This made me chuckle - a great way to interpret the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous use of that fairy tale INSPIRATION!

    ReplyDelete