photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

01 February 2016

February 2016 Counterfeit Kit Blog Hop

Hello, and welcome to February and the Counterfeit Kit Challenge reveal blog hop.  February is a short month. Time’s a wastin’ – let’s get to it.

Start: Our inspiration kit is from Mind The Scrap, their February kit – Snuggle. Pretty!

mindthescrappapersmindthescrapfebkit

Style:
Lots of pink, teal and some navy were included in my January kit.  To mix it up I keyed in on these inspiration elements::

Gradations of color (I used the full spectrum and not just pinks)
Strong horizontal lines – rows of pattern
Black for contrast
Bold funky type
Hearts (it’s February, after all - but I did stop short of the cupid's arrows)

Last month, I USED A LOT OF MY JANUARY STASH KIT.  (Yes, I am shouting it from the rooftops.)  Then I spent time tidying the studio, organizing paper lines, looking through older stash, and purging fewer things than in recent years.  Being reacquainted with older stock meant that I could pull odds and ends and still produce a cohesive look.  It is very satisfying to use up the last of a paper line, embellishment pack and odds and ends.

My February kit is smaller than January’s.  I hope to speed through some layouts and make some cards from the scraps, adding in cardstock and card bases as I go.

Set: Introducing Scrap In A Snap

DSC04684 
Stash: Patterned papers:
Fancy Pants The Good Life Enjoy (reverse)
Crate Paper Trendsetter Style Sheet (reverse)
Studio Calico Bright Pier Banana Stand
Authentique Fresh Collection Free (reverse)
Jillibean Soup Blossom Soup Fresh Cilantro
Tim & Beck for Studio Calico Clean Slate
The Girls’ Paperie Jubilee
The Girls’ Paperie Paper Girl

Embellishments:
Pink Paislee Fashion Scrip alphabet stickers
Fancy Pants My Valentine Transpariences
Basic Grey Knee Highs and Bowties alphabets
American Crafts pearl brads
Creative Imaginations label die-cuts
Colorbok journal and heart die-cuts
Stampin Up silver thread
Unknown maker blue twine
Love My Tapes washi tape
My Mind’s Eye Lost and Found Lovely buttons
EK Success Art Blanche scalloped chipboard
Unknown silver charm
Momenta vinyl words
Heidi Swapp acrylic die-cut words


Feb card add-on

Oh, and let’s not forgot the pocket cards that I said I would include each month – this adds some important design aspects this month - like the tiny triangles and the funky brush type (and even a couple of small arrows, after all).  The cards are trimmed down from two 6 x 8 double-sided cards from a Studio Calico kit. The stamps sets are by Studio Calico and Pebbles, the set of labels from Twine & Ink (for Studio Calico).

Stops: Now it is time to make the rounds to see more great counterfeit kits:

So go make yourself a kit for some quick scrapping this month.  Go, go, go – even with the extra leap year day - time’s a wastin’.

18 comments:

  1. Fun and funky take on the inspiration kit! I am lusting after that triangle washi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kit is like a breath of spring with beautiful colors and images. I was sorting through supplies yesterday and found those same colorbok hearts - cute addition to your kit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic kit :) Love that you brought in the geometric with the washi tape and a fine add on kit too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright, cheerful feel of your kit this month and am especially loving the colourful stickers in the 'add on'. Have fun using it all this month! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the combination of bright and soft colors in you kit. Such a pretty alpha stamp in your add on kit.
    Cindy f

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loks like a great collection of goodies and I look forward to seeing what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the embellies you included in your kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fabulous kit... I'm so drawn to those word embellishments, so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore the HS words you have in there and how true to elements of the original you are while making something very different. You have such a great mix of new and old and I'll be watching how you incorporate those chunky brads and the photo overlays into your designs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kit is a breath of fresh air...hope that Spring really isn't that far away. Love the butterflies and pastel chipboard letters. I have no doubt you will create some lovely layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that your kit is so different from the original but I can clearly see where the inspiration came in! Love the butterfly paper and buttons. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your whole kit. The butterfly paper is calling me and so are those written words in your embellishments. Can't wait to see how you use them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did very well. I just love the new Crate Paper Hello Love kit...it isn't available in South Africa...so I am using some old Valentines papers and the Silhouette to try and create the same effect...at last I get the counterfeit kit idea :-P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Somehow I have come to realize that I missed the first half of the hop this month - one thousand pardons. I love how slick this kit presentation is. I'm put in mind of a high-end magazine spread! Very chic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the alphas and transparencies you've added - I much prefer your kit to the original!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this kit! The buttons are too cute!

    ReplyDelete