photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

07 February 2016

New for 2016

New for 2016 – a Scrap YOUrself challenge #26 layout

new for 2016-001 

Start: This month’s challenge is to scrap using one little word.

cy26


I am not into the OLW internet meme/scrapbook thing:  been there, never finish that.  So when presented with the challenge, I mentally ran through a series of possibilities.  With no intention to embrace those words going forward,  my thinking was mostly about telling old stories brought to mind by single words. (S – do hold that thought for possble use on other layouts.)

I do not think that was intended – by either Ali or by Sharon in presenting the challenge. (No, S, that is not the gist of the thing.)  Inquiring minds wonder what one word will move me forward in 2106.  Being a sometimes sneaky, and I would like to think, always creative Scorpio, I decided to embrace NEW because it could encompass anything – indeed, everything!  This layout outlines just a few new possibilities for 2016.  My NEW twist on an idea I may have picked up on Mondays. (Sly, yes?)

Style: I took the NEW-est picture of me, and used three versions – ranging from an older looking black and white to a new full color photo, and one photo edited to fall in between.

A center orientation to the page seemed appropriate.  To personalize it, I used the Susanne Nouveau font. (Oh, S, is that what you mean by creative?  Almost clever - that!)

I am enjoying using pastel cardstock as my base and typing up my journaling.  It works well with black and white photos as well as color. 
Could be that's my NEW Scrappy thing for 2016.

Stash: These supplies come primarily from my January counterfeit stash kit called Sweetbriar Rose, including several of the Project Life cards selected from Becky Higgins Project Life Floral mini kit.  Also, in playing off the gold dots on the ribbon, I added Studio Calico and Kamoi washi tapes, Pebbles glitter gold circles and gold clips from Levenger.

I plan to tuck the other PL cards, another piece of the Stampin Up sky blue cardstock and the paper scraps into the page protector behind this layout, so that I can do another page at the end of the year enumerating some of what was new!!

Speaking of NEW, have you joined in with Sian @FromHighInTheSky for Memorandum Mondays, where we share something new.  Tomorrow is a new Monday, after all.  Go ahead, why not try something Nouveau, as this wanna-be-french scrapper might say?

7 comments:

  1. Love love love this! LOVING the photos and the journaling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you did the photo of YOU three different ways, Susanne! And I really like the font of your journaling, what you wrote, and your interpretation of One Little Word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I think this is a great list of NEW things to explore this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 3 photos are very nice as all the new propositions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice page and I like the idea of revisiting it to make new notes at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you have edited these photos, from black & white then a vintage colour and lastly the modern (new) coloured photo...awesome!!!!
    I have a word, but not doing the OLW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your page is gorgeous...and my wish for you this year is that you will try a lot of new things and experience a lot of new adventures.

    ReplyDelete