photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

14 February 2016

The Studio Challenges–February Sketch

Today & Everyday: Shine – a sketch challenge from The Studio Challenges

today&everyday 

Start: My very first challenge for The Studio Challenges is a sketch challenge.

Feb 2016 Sketch TSC 
Style: I flipped the sketch to better suit the black and white photo of my daughter that I wanted to use on the layout.  I matched the configuration of layers pretty closely, using a transparency for one and punching a circle out from a journal card for another.

This picture is of her waiting to get her senior pictures taken.  I thought snapping a few shots would help get her in the right frame of mind.  I love that the sunshine is coming so strong through the window.  Of course, it would be a better photo if it shone on her face, but this will work well with the sentimental journaling I will add later.


today&everydaydetail

I reinforced the diagonal flow with some tone-on-tone stamping of scattered hearts and doilies – it works well with the subtlety of the transparency layer.  As a nod to Valentines Day, we were asked to include a heart.  I mixed it up a little by opting for a pink camera and a teal heart instead of the other way around – I’m being eclectic.

Stash: This all came from my February Scrap in a Snap kit.  Because it was my first layout in weeks, it took me 2 hours to finish this one.

Happy Valentines Day, see you soon.

12 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the title!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you flipped and finished your page, Susanne! And how brilliant to take those candid shots as she's waiting!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely fresh looking page

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous gorgeous layout

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty and soft colours...love your layering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page. You nailed it:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks fabulous. The simplicity sets off the photo beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful page, Susanne, and a perfect take on the sketch! Really love the pastel palette! So excited to have you joining us at The Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day. That's a fantastic photo of your girl! Great job with the sketch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this--especially the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete