photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

02 March 2016

Calvin and Hobbes and paper and pretties

With March just begun, I have been preparing for Calvinball over at Get It Scrapped.


In 2015 this was a significant boost to my scrapbook productivity.  Here are the details on my efforts.

In short I did 20+ 12 x 12 layouts plus many more divided page protector layouts.  The experience of Calvinball is a bit like LayOut A Day, but better fits with the ebbs and flows of my scrapbooking. I remember clearly, I was elated at the end of the month.

I blogged about Calvinball every few days.  You may have even gotten tired of my posts (if so, do pretend otherwise).  So in 2016 I am taking a different approach, I plan to post all my Calvinball projects (that are not design team projects) to my Snaps And Snippets Facebook page as I complete and photograph them.  (So if you haven’t liked my page, now is the time.)  I may also give Instagram a go (I am snapsandsnippets there.)

I have yet to decide whether or not I will post a recap of the week’s layouts and maybe my accumulated score on Fridays on my blog – leaning towards not doing so. March is looking pretty hectic all ready with real life outside of the studio.

My plan was to spend January tidying the studio (check) and February sorting and prioritizing pictures (um . . . not so much), so I would be primed and ready to scrap. I did however on Leap Day manage to sort through 3 large boxes of photo prints from the aunt's house - divvying the good ones up for family and snagging 2 or 3 more for me to scrap.

I considered setting a goal of 25 full page layouts and 25 divided page layouts, but then I rethought that. I would rethink that because Gretchin Rubin (Better Than Before author) would consider me a REBEL of her four types.

kitswaiting

A better measure of my productivity, in line with the objective of wanting to finish up in process work, is to tackle these items above - in process projects and half-used counterfeit kits.

DSC04865 

If it goes really well, then I hope to also work on these items here, some old class kits from the last few years of  Creating Keepsakes Conventions.  We go again in early April, and we will be loaded up with more then.

Time to clear the desks.  Ready, set, Calvinball.

9 comments:

  1. Good for you on having a plan!! I need to use up some stash this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you the best of luck Susanne :) Impressive numbers last year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a well-thought out plan and have set yourself up for success. I've thought about participating but think this year I'll just live vicariously through you! Will be checking your Facebook page and will look you up on Instagram as well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd hoped to clear some deadlines before the beginning of March so I could start with this. Figure I'll keep going and am determined to do some crafting this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun plan. Looking forward to seeing the pages you create!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just heard of this from Katie Scott's video the other day.
    I can't wait to see your layouts!!!
    I would love to join in...but I can't even keep up with my daily journaling lately

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you've got a FUN scrappy plan for the month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks as if you are all set for some productive creativity.

    ReplyDelete