photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

13 March 2016

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #2–Media Studies

 The Early Bird Gets The Scraps – a Counterfeit Kit Challenge layout




Start: The challenge was to use media (newspapers, magazines, junk mail, catalogs) as the starting point for a layout.  Having spent a few years in the newspaper business – I chose a page of the paper that most typified it on some days – the comics.

sunday comics 
Style: I was inspired by the mixed font title, the general layout of a larger comic at the top, and smaller boxes at the bottom.  My flair are not unlike those speech bubbles.  And when it came time to journal, I “typeset” that as well.

This was a picture I snapped a while back of me, up at dawn, playing in the studio.  Regular readers first saw it on this Memorandum Monday post.

Now look there at that finished layout - on white cardstock no less.  There I go trying to be a more modern scrapper again - that's news!

Stash: My March counterfeit kit, of course, plus the red Crate Paper Thickers alphabet called Hardcover, a Becky Higgins roller date stamp, the free journal cards from Persnickety Prints which I learned about from Forgeries on the Fourth and the small black & white alphabet by Adornit.

Why not hop over to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog and see who else was inspired by media.  Then I'll see you in the funny papers!

14 comments:

  1. That's a really cute page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I like how colorful your page is and that long strips of text stickers under your photo block is just delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this! It really reminds me of a newspaper layout! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous take on this challenge.You've captured the essence of the comics well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your take on this challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a super cute page...love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WONDERFUL page - I feel a scraplift coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, oh my, oh my!!!! I LOVE everything about this page!!! THe design and colors and products used are ALL amazing. Plus I love how it was modeled after the comics. Pinning your page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute and I love where the inspiration took you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bravo! *applause* Such a creative adaptation of your inspiration! I especially love this: Now look there at that finished layout - on white cardstock no less. There I go trying to be a more modern scrapper again - that's news! That's news... lol!!! Uber clever on every level & a real visual treat :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great balance on this - I like the boxes and bits at the bottom. Such a cute idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a super cute take on the challenge and a perfect example of really taking inspiration where you find it. Your page is great.

    ReplyDelete