photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

14 March 2016

In The Pink – Bermuda

In The Pink – Bermuda – a landscape challenge layout for The Studio Challenges




Story: The current challenge at The Studio Challenges is to scrap some landscape pictures – no people.  Well that worked perfectly into an unfinished project I needed to complete, our Bermuda album.


Style: I decided that I wanted to use two pictures of Bermuda that featured the pink sand beaches and the rows of pretty pink cottages.  I cropped the photos to a 16:9 HDTV ratio which gives a little wider profile and I set them to the left of center.

I created three clusters, all with a bit of pink. and used butterflies to tie them together based on those appearing in the fabric tag at the bottom right.

Stash: I used my remaining Sweetbriar Rose January Counterfeit kit for this page. In addition I added in Crate Paper Poolside patterned paper, Bella Blvd feathers, Studio Calico butterflies, and Teresa Collins enamel dots.

Why not pop over to The Studio Challenges blog and see what my design teammates have whipped up for this challenge that showcase pretty places they like to visit.

14 comments:

  1. The little touches of turquoise offset the pink so well. Never knew about pink sand ... Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the butterflies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty..love the vibrant photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pink is such a perfect colour. I like the blues to enhance the pink without taking from it. I also like how the photos are still the focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great title for a fab page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful page! Your picture are perfect for the challenge and I love the products you used!! Bermuda is such a beautiful place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of the pink cottages..well worth a page! One of these days I'll get to Bermuda..

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome page and loved that you used your stash!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful layout Susanne! I love those fabulous, summery papers you used. Your butterflies are so pretty too and gives that summery feel. But it is those stunning pictures that steals the show! How fun to learn that the sand is pink as well as the little cottages! Looks like a beautiful place to go. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - this is fabulous! I love the pink theme - perfect for the gorgeous pics. I bet you're tickled pink! Sorry, I couldn't help myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - this is fabulous! I love the pink theme - perfect for the gorgeous pics. I bet you're tickled pink! Sorry, I couldn't help myself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pink and blue go so nicely together - makes the page feel summery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful page Susanne! Gorgeous pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. the touches of feather are super cute and the colour scheme has my name all over it!

    ReplyDelete