photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

01 March 2016

March 2016 Counterfeit Kit Challenge Reveal Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to the March 2016 reveal blog hop.  You may have arrived here by hopping from lovely Lesley’s blog.  But if you didn’t start at the top, you can find the entire list below.  Enjoy!

Start: This month we are starting with Ali Edwards’ Click Story Kit from April 2015.

AE_DigitalStoryKit_CLICK_PREV_original

With the obvious theme of taking photos and the 3 x 4 and 4 x 6 cards as inspiration, I started by looking for photo-taking elements and cards in my Project Life stash.  And I found quite a few, but then I was perplexed as to what kind of paper I wanted to use.

Quite by serendipity, I came across a half-used page kit from a class I took at April 2015’s Creating Keepsakes convention. (Yay, happy coincidence!)  As it turned out, the limited color scheme of Gossamer’s Blue’s On My Desk collection worked quite well with the cards and doodads I had already selected.  It even included some photo frame die-cuts and a couple of 3 x 4 cards I had done in class while learning to mist.  The colors are nearly a match to Ali's kit, but my green is so much softer than her spring green.

Star Of The Show:
 
quick click snap kit

Stash: Gossamer Blue On My Desk – 3 sheets of patterned paper
Bazzill cardstock in grey, white and greige
Fancy Pants polka dot patterned paper (from last month’s kit)
Assorted 3 x 4 and 4 x 6 cards from Studio Calico & Gossamer Blue
Labels from Hello Forever by Studio Calico
Epoxy puffy stickers by Evaliscious
Flair by Two Peas in a Bucket
Small journal cards (from a previous year kit)
Heidi Swapp camera printed chipboard (from last month’s kit)
Frames and flag die-cuts from Gossamer Blue

Stops:

Enjoy the rest of the hop, and then get working on your own kit.  You’ll be glad you did.

18 comments:

  1. Oooh GREAT forgery - true to the spirit and more beautiful than the original!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful take on this month's kit! I love your kit quite a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving what you chose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed that you shared your kit building process. The neutral edge to your kit, will really showcase your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made fabulous choices this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! i really like the softer colours you seem to have introduced to your kit and it looks easy to work with and very manageable. Good to hear your starting point was the same as mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Different colours but similar vibe to the original, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely soft & pretty but the black elements & geometric bits give it a distinctive edge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice--I love all the cameras!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your take on the color scheme. The greys along with the pops of red and yellow make for an interesting kit. Very graphic feel...just like Ali's.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your kit!!! Fabulous products!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, I love all of the little extras added. Those frames are awesome. It's a beautifully presented kit x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE this kit and would happily scrap with it this month! Wonderful neutrals with a little pop of color. I might have some of these products - perhaps I'll be using your kit to make another one of my own...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute little kit you got going there :) Love the puffies :)Should be fun to play with this month :)

    ReplyDelete