photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

06 March 2016

Memorandum Monday – Reach for the Windex

Reach for the Windex, S?

Does that mean you are still working at the aunt’s house cleaning?  Or perhaps you’ve have started spring cleaning your own house?

Well, to tell you the truth, I am posting early as I won't be around on Monday.  But I am absolutely not using the Windex for its intended purpose.

I recently learned a new use for Windex. the leading brand of glass cleaner here in the US.

For Christmas, hubby got me a new ring, and we needed to have it resized.  When we took it back to the jewelry store to have that done, they offered, as they always do, to clean my wedding set and check the prongs to make sure the gem is secure.  On that particular day, I could not get my ring over my knuckle.  No problem said the saleslady, let’s just spritz it with Windex and that will take care of that little problem.  She grabbed the nearby bottle they use to keep their glass display cases shining, and she spritzed my finger. 

Presto, off slid the wedding ring.

20160301_072357

I wonder if there are innumerable blog posts to be found online about Windex's 100 different uses, and would this one be listed. It is not only multi-surface, but multi-purpose as well!

I deliberately had them size my new ring snugly so that it would not spin around or come off in soapy dishwater.  I was planning to wear it everyday; and I have except for when working at the aunt’s house.  So now I have an easy way to get it off on those fat finger days, leaving it sparkly clean to boot.  And it is probably a better idea than how I was cleaning my wedding band. My gem in it stands high on prongs, and I have always taken a child size toothbrush and toothpaste to it with dazzling results. It is surprising how much dirt can settle down underneath there.  I did not dare share my methodology with the jewelers – I doubt they would have approved.

That’s what’s NEW here today.  Why not hop over to Sian @FromHighInTheSky and see what she and the rest of our blog friends are up to this Memorandum Monday. I will catch up with you later.

5 comments:

  1. Now, that's an interesting one. I might just have to try it!

    Wishing you a good week Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now I've learned a new use for Windex, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure in the film Big Fat Greek Wedding, don't they use windex for spots lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting fact. By the way...I also clean my rings with a small toothbrush and toothpaste :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must try that, have a good week.

    ReplyDelete