photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

27 March 2016

Scrapping With Flowers

The Great Grands – a layout for The Studio Challenges

thegreatgrands-001 

Story: This is a picture of my husband’s great grandparents, that I came across at his aunt’s house. I removed the photo and the mats that it is sandwiched in between from an old frame, but I dared not try to extract the photo.  Instead, I scanned it, with its attached filigree border in tact.

I need to find out more about them, and when I do I will write it down on the button-topped tag you see tucked underneath the left side of the photo. I purposed placed "their story" near the tag.  What better title could I give a page about such a grand looking couple than "The Great Grands."


Style: I thought such an old fashioned portrait deserved special treatment.  It happened that I was also due to work on a layout using flowers for The Studio Challenges.  I pulled out some fancy floral paper, Prima flowers and antique buttons to do justice to this fabulous photo.  As it turns out there are flowers represented here three times.  Can you spot all three?

Stash: Patterned paper – 7 Gypsies Moments collection – Express Yourself
Flowers, leaves and beaded flower centers – Prima
Alphabets -  Studio Calico Naturals and Cosmo Cricket minis
Tag – Making Memories
Metal dragonfly – perhaps SEI?
Lace trims, tulle, thread – from stash
Buttons – from their granddaughter’s button box

I am enjoying scrapping about my husband’s ancestors based on the information I gathered in his aunt’s house, and the stories his mom is telling us when I ask for more details.  Tell me, have you scrapped about great grandparents yet?

14 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the photo and all the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your title! I like your details on the edge too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout! I haven't scrapped any great grands . . . although we do have some photos of Robbie's greats & I'm sure when I finally get through my Grandma's photos, I'll have some of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful page for this amazing photograph. Perfect supplies to compliment the era.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty. It's a mesmerising photo too. Wish I had some photos of my great grandparents on my Dad's side: the older I get, the more I wonder if I look like them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's pretty. Love the alphas, the lace and the page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly beautiful.
    I have a lot of wonderful heritage photos to scrap.
    (I think this may inspire me next month... wink-wink)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic! I've done all mine but they don't look as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful clusters - a wonderful heritage page

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its a beautiful page.. you really did the 'Grands' proud! I've yet to do mine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty--I love the lace!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great vintage, heritage page which is terribly pretty but still quite up to date. I have scrapped about Grandma once or twice but I should probably do more. Thanks for the nudge

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks great Susanne. I've done a wee bit of my Great Grandparents but there aren't very many photos of them at all and I have all of my paternal Grandparents pictures. I have no idea who got the ones on my Mum's side sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really, really thought that I had commented on this beautiful layout before now - but it seems that my comment has vanished! So, I shally tell you, again, that this is a stunningly lovely layout x

    ReplyDelete