photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

12 April 2016

April Counterfeit Challenge 2–C'est Magnifique, N'est Pas?

In addition to inspiring us with their beautiful kit to counterfeit this month, C’est Magnifique has an uber-talented design team that just rocked it with their projects,  Challenge 2 at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog this month is to be inspired by one of those projects.

I chose the one found here by Teresa Horner.  You can click on this link, and then scroll down to see her project.  Teresa blogs at Victorian Paper Queen.

CM Candy Jar by Teresa Horner

Here’s my version – filled with all things floral.  I tweaked the picture in Picasa trying to get the details to pop a little better.

CKCflowerjar

I gently stuffed it with a good supply of Prima flowers, and then used burlap ribbon and lace trim around the center.  The top is trimmed in lace as well and decorated with a sizeable Prima flower, leaves and a heart button.  I attached a little tulle ribbon behind the tag I punched from a larger tag.   I attached both with a mini clothespin. Butterflies abound from bottom to top, where the largest one is attached on a stickpin through the center of the paper lid.

This month’s counterfeit kit is very much in the style of many of the ladies who crop every Friday night at my local scrapbook store.  I think I will take this by as a surprise door prize for an upcoming crop.  They will surely be able to scrap through them more quickly than I.  And I will still have busted my stash of flowers.

12 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the butterflies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll make a beautiful prize. Someone will be delighted with it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a gorgeous giveaway to some lucky cropper, but stash busting is the gold star!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and generous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful . . . and such a great idea to donate it as a door prize!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your decorative jar is so beautiful.
    So sweet to donate this for a door prize!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone will love receiving your jar! It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Susanne...I still have a few of those Pink Paislee butterflies in my stash somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful creation!!! You will love the QQ PowderPuff Chalk inks. They are addicting :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness, this is stunning! You have really created something very special here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty! Who ever wins this will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was just about to ask if you use Prima flowers any more when I saw that you will be donating it to some who do! It's totally gorgeous and who wouldn't be delighted to win it. You took the inspiration and turned it into something really lovely. Fab!

    ReplyDelete