photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

10 April 2016

April Sketch @ The Studio Challenges

Well, now – over @ The Studio Challenges - Anna chose to make this month’s sketch based on my Heroes challenge layout.  You remember this right?

    April Sketch

She did an excellent job turning it into a sketch – keeping very true to the elements and their placement.  Now it was my turn again.

In order to work with a favorite recent photo of mine, I needed to switch the sketch up a bit.  So I flipped it to its mirror image.  The center part of the layout is essentially the same, except flow is now downward from top left, instead of upward from bottom left.

April Sketch reversed     holdthatpose

Instead of using two photos, I used one photo which  I printed on a white matte project life card to match it up with the journal card from Persnickety Prints.  Having changed the relative size of the two rectangles, it seemed proper also to move the title to the larger space.

holdthatpose

It was the picture’s background of  all the store merchandise that prompted me to bring many bits of  color and shine onto the page through the clustered and scattered embellishments.

I loved the creative mental challenge of having to look at something familiar in a new way.  That is really the beauty of sketches, that they can be transformed or reinterpreted time after time.

The base sheet is the last full sheet from last month’s counterfeit kit.  The embellishments were from gathered from there, my Project Life desktop and my bits and bobs box.  The steel ball straight pins were from my Aunt’s button box.

That's it from here today.

10 comments:

  1. I really like your plan of the "bits" to pick up the store background. I've never been much of a sketch enthusiast, until recently when I've had fun with a couple. I could turn into a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll sometimes use sketches as a starting point. By the time I finish, my page rarely look like the original. I usually have a lot of photos and just use the sketch more for paper layout. By reversing the sketch, your layouts look completely different! how you got the mirror image picture I'll never know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that she turned your lo into a sketch! I loveeeeeeeeeee your new lo too ... gorgeous!!! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is exactly why I love working with sketches...many people can use the same sketch and in the end you would never even know they worked off the same sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely layout perfectly done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you flipped the sketch! So creative!!!! And that photo is absolutely wonderful. I love how you pulled the background of the photw into your entire layout! So pretty, fun and fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do remember that page!! LOVE how it was turned into a sketch!! LOVE the new page too with the yellow background and all your fab details!! The saying on the journal card is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with the sketch. Love that you won such a great prize at the Creating Keepsakes Convention.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the challenge of using sketches over at the Simple Scrapper team each month and finding ways of staying true to the sketch while making it a "me" layout. Just like you have here - even though the original sketch really is a "you" sketch, coming as it does from your original layout. Full circle scrapping and a great take. Both layouts are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the scatter of embellishments to bring out the store background. Fun colours and photo too.

    ReplyDelete