photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

11 April 2016

Memorandum Monday - Creating Keepsakes Karma

You may remember me telling you last year how lucky I was winning door prizes @ the Creating Keepsakes convention; winning at class after class after class.  My sis-in-law, best scrap cohort ever, found it (and I quote) UN  BE  LIEV  A  BLE.  And she was right.


Well this year, this past weekend, after winning only a small "Duck Commander"  (I kid you not - that one there!) stamp set, at the very first session, I had conceded that it was not my lucky year. In fact, early on, I feared our whole weekend could go south as upon our arrival at the sold-out hotel we discovered they had mistakenly cancelled our reservation the day before.  After a few very awkward, nearly heart-stopping moments they were able to reinstate it.

But back to the fun part - there were lots of Sues and Susans winning prizes so time and again, I had that temporary sensation of my hopes rising until the last name was called too.  At least the Brauer name was heard a time or two. Sis-in-law was proving to be luckier, winning larger and it goes without saying, more readily usable gifts that "arise, kill, eat" stamps. But hey, it's  not a contest. It's all about the fun.

And we had lots of fun. And you know that means ---- more blog posts to follow.  But back to the subject of luck. My last two classes were in the same classroom, and because it was the end of the day and the instructor was scrambling to put away supplies from one class before the participants from the next session were let into the room, I jumped in and helped. I had time because I didn't need to move to another room. That, one might later deduce, is when good karma arrived at my seat.

We were nearing the end of the last class and a young man entered holding a nice prize. He consulted with the instructor who then announced one of the lucky grand prize winners was in our class. And even as she announced the first name only, trying to build suspense, I wasn't on the edge of my seat.  Then I nearly fell off it.



Well, I am pretty sure I shrieked as though I had. And I think the instructor was as shocked and pleased as I was.



So there's a happy ending . . . Not so fast. There were still class door prizes to be given away.  When they were down to the last of those you can guess what happened can't you? My name was called, but I  had them call another one instead. The instructor thanked me for that. But me, I just wanted to hold onto my good karma - and didn't want greed to jinx it.

So that's the memorandum here this Monday with my new experience. Check out Sian @FromHighInTheSky and friends to discover what other good karma is abounding out there.

17 comments:

  1. WOW!! Huge congrats!!!!! That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, aren't you the lucky one!! Have FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic prize - you lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful prize, lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - such a great prize! I'll bet it was a fun weekend too, once the hotel reinstated your reservation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, you lucky thing. What a great prize. Definitely worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sooo awesome!!! I'm glad I know someone that wins BIG!!! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun times and an awesome prize!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a fantastic prize! You are very lucky to have an event like this to go to. I'd be there like a (Big) shot.

    Hope you have a great week and get to open that box and have some fun

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, I have a couple things to comment on here. First, I did not know that there were still CK conventions. Secondly, I believe half of winning is that you think you will!! I'm really not all that lucky, but I think I'm going to win EVERY time!!! Every once in awhile I do. Congrats on your "big" win!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky you & wow what a gift. Yes I agree with the others, worth the wait. Now to see what you create with it - our turn to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely, lovely prize - well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Guess my Karma sucks, lol.
    Congrats to you on your winnings…which one were you most excited about, teehee.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations...I have the exact same Big Shot...you are going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! That is a great prize! Sounds like fun! Can't wait to see you use the duck commander stamp lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's quite a win for sure! And I love love love my Big Shot so I'm sure you both will be best buddies for quite some time to come. I go through phases of being lucky. In times past I won lots of spot prizes on blogs etc - Paperclipping subscription, a BPC class kit, BG goodies - but not so much in recent times! Now I know who has my luck. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How exciting - I love my big shot and use it quite a bit. Mine is a very old version of course but it is still good.

    ReplyDelete