photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

15 April 2016

Scrap Weekend Wrap-Up of Layouts, Cards, Other Goodies

This year at the Creating Keepsakes event, we decided to crop in our room instead of attending the paid crop in the group setting.  Overall, this worked out well for us and I think we will do it again.

I had packed up lots of old supplies – including some themed supplies for swimming and fishing.  The oldest of these dated back to 2001, but paired with newer supplies, I think you might not be able to tell the difference.

LAYOUTS:

First, a picture of my daughter on a brownie field trip to the local pool (using a Ready, Sketch, Go! sketch.) Ooops, looks like there a stray paper sliver there.

ILOVESWIMMING-002

Then 5 layouts scrapping the last of my hubby’s 2013 Canada fishing trip.

ADAYATLODGE-001IMHOOKEDTROPHYFISHOPENWATERS

This last one is my favorite.  Each year there is a favorite photo of mine that isn’t about the fishing but about the place.  I started with another sketch from the Ready, Sketch, Go Class, and was thrilled that I had this background paper that really looks like water – I think it is Bo Bunny, very heavy with almost a light plastic-feeling finish to it.

BIGONEGOTAWAY

That’s 6 layouts in total.  Sis-in-law bettered me by at least double that, in part because she wasn’t so exhausted after the first day of classes that she fell asleep at 7 p.m. Yes, I did.  The second night I had much better stamina.  In fact I can honestly say:

20160412_133825

Well, once in a while, anyway.  We also did a little cropping on Sunday morning.

CARDS:

First, on the right are the leftovers from the swimming layout – mostly stickers from a Stampin Up Simply Scrapping page kit called Pina Colada – circa 2007.  I like these 3 x 3 cards for leaving tips for hotel housekeeping - going through them quickly means we've been traveling often these days.

20160412_132657

Then on the left a few cards from the duplicate die-cuts and paper off-cuts of a Heidi Swapp line – these had been stored in the same paper folder so I think they date back about the same time.  I still have a sheet or two of the paper and a few die-cuts left.

OTHER GOODIES:

Here’s a quick snap of the freebies:

20160412_133000
The Stampin Up stuff is from my sweet sis-in-law Trenna; the Melissa Francis tags were a door prize in her class, and the remaining items were free with our registration.  We like that tape runner a lot, it puts down a smooth and complete line of adhesive as a roller, and you can stamp it to get a square sized bit too.  Yes, that stamp thing really worked well.

And now some of the purchases I made:

My first stop was the local scrapbooking store booth, where they had 40% marked off of everything, and I admit most of this is purely impulse buys, although the Basic Grey and Jillibean Soup go with lines I knew I had – because, believe it or not, I had a list of things I was looking for.

20160412_133305

Then  I stood in line for 45 minutes over a lunch break because I wanted blue washi tape, although I was not adverse to picking up more colors and patterns.  I was sucked into purchasing the brads and dots while waiting, waiting, and waiting in line.

20160412_133133

Next stop was the Paper Loft booth, where I picked up a few pieces to go with a class kit and their entire spring collection called In Full Bloom.  I am a big fan of the Made In The USA paper, and the colors in this line match up with an older line of theirs.  20% off to anyone who took a Paper Loft class.

20160412_133412 

20160412_133450

We missed being able to visit the Nicole Petersen booth and one other booth this year.  We heard that they were not showing in the Midwest, but were going to Anaheim instead.  So we didn’t get our usual fix of My Mind’s Eye and Jillibean Soup.  Basic Grey was also not there.  We found a new booth stocked up with all things American Crafts.  So I picked up some Pebbles Cottage Living line to go with 2 papers I had at home, plus some Heidi stickers.  By now you have seen, I’m pretty high on Heidi. (I even snuck one onto a fishing layout!!)

20160412_133558

And last but not least was the Creating Keepsakes booth, where Thickers were 5 for the price of 4, plus you got $5 off every $20 spent.  In past years, I’ve also gotten their past class kits, but this year I figured I had enough to work on.

20160412_133746

I also picked up their exclusive to the convention stamp set which was used in one of my classes.

20160412_133834

And, of course, I have a bag full of class materials too.  I’ll show you those as I finish them up.
Wowza, I need to be scrapping past my bedtime on a regular basis.

18 comments:

  1. It looks like it was a fun weekend! Beautiful pages and cards, lots of fun new goodies to play with - love the photo of the Thickers - and I had a little laugh at falling asleep by 7 on the first night - that would so be me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome weekend! LOVING all the projects you made and all the goodies you got!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing a bit of virtual shopping here along with you, and enjoying seeing what you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great weekend - some really lovely layouts made and I love those mini cards. I'm a little puzzled about having to pay to be in the main crop room - that sort of thing is always part of the cost with a UK retreat - does that not happen with American ones? It is a good idea to mix up old stash with the newer stuff - I must try to do that more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, this is not a retreat. This held at a convention center/meeting hall. All the individual classes and crops are a la carte, so you only pay for what you attend. There is a large convention hall where all the vendors set up their booths to sell goods. Classes are held in individual classrooms, and the crops are held in large ballrooms in the evenings. The cost of the crop is about the same as the cost of one class. Although you are not provided with a kit of materials for that amount - you do usually get some type of snack/refreshment and they draw for numerous door prizes. Meals are also on your own - although the nearest hotel does include a nice buffet breakfast in the cost of their rooms. We decided we'd rather have that money to spend on product. We also have retreats here as well, more akin to have you have over there. I hope that explains the difference.

      Delete
  5. Always love polka dots. A fun and whimsical layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness, what a full post! Lovely pages ... And I like that button/badge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a fun and successful weekend, from both a shopping and crafting standpoint. I really liked getting close-up looks at your purchases - those floral stickers are calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, for being productive! Lots of fun goodies! I want the washi with the unbrellas or cameras!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! What a productive weekend!! LOVE all the layouts you created and the cards are pretty!! The yellow one with the heart really popped out at me!! And such fabulous products that you received and bought!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like you got a lot of amazing goodies, and your layouts turned out really wonderfully! Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woah! That's a lot of goodies and many that I'd pick up myself for sure. The "I crop past my bedtime" flair is a winner and mixing in those older items with the newer stash for your layouts really worked out well. The map paper on the first fishing layout caught my eye immediately - I could use that in my stash! ha ha ! Great round up - sounds like a great event.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you accomplished some FUN scrapbooking AND some FUN shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had an amazing time! Love everything you made, but that last layout is my favorite too!! So awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic projects, sounds like it was a great weekend of scrapping and shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you win!! great stuff:) Love your pages!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a fun stamp set - what a lot of goodies. The I crop past my bedtime button made me smile. I struggle with that every time I go away for the weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pages Susanne...love the first one with the polka dot background. I'm on a mission to use up old supplies too. Love the Moose photo...perfect background paper. Pretty cards too! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete