photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

07 April 2016

Weekends, This One’s For The Girls

Weekends, This One’s For The Girls – a Challenge Yourself layout

girlswkend 

Story: Recently, my sisters came to my house for a girls’ weekend, while hubby went to visit his mom and brother.  Shortly before the sisters arrived I realized that I had not scrapbooked our last girls’ weekend of the ones held at my house.

Because it dovetailed nicely with this month’s Challenge Yourself directive – I managed to complete this page after they had gone.

Style: There were so many colors represented in our clothing and the background of the photos, that I opted to turn them black and white.

Stash: I used 2 sheets of Shimelle’s True Stories collection, including both of the SKU strips.  For my mixed font title I used American Crafts Trademarks rub-ons, October Afternoon mini-market stickers and a Sophisticates alphabet (including the tiny round letters at the top of the page) from Bella Blvd.  The epoxy hearts are by Freckled Fawn and the washi tapes are We R Memory Keepers and Websters’ Pages.  The top ticket was punched from a Project Life card and the other two were printables from Gossamer Blue.


And what about our latest girls’ weekend?  My younger sister “powerscrapped” 20 layouts and 4 pocket pages documenting her daughter’s softball years from 2005 to 2014, with an assist from me.  She made mostly double-page spreads, except for 2 single companion pages needed to make other single pages into double spreads. She did nearly all the work, and I was there to lend a hand, trim the occasional photo, search for a certain bit or bob, consult on laying out elements and help her find pleasing color/pattern combinations from her stash, along with a few bits of my scraps mixed in too.  She was pleased that I didn’t try and change her style (she likes flat elements mostly), and she ended up with a very cohesive looking album although the elements were from a myriad of manufacturers.

I have to say that I find scrapbook consulting to be lots of fun.  Where can I get a job doing that? It encompasses all the fun part without the pressure of making the decisions or having to have sorted and printed photos beforehand. Really, where can I get a job doing that!

Here she is holding one of her favorite pages – it really pops. I have to tell you she was very nervous about me adding splatters to her pages.  In fact, these were the only two pages she let me splatter.

sandyscraps

My older sister doesn’t scrap, but she relaxed and was fully engaged in the girl talk of the weekend that started fast and furious the minute they arrived.  All of us with so much to talk about that we barely let the others finish before we are putting forth our own opinions. That’s how sisters are.

We vowed, as we also do, that we won’t wait so long between sisters’ weekends.  So I will be prodding them both to schedule one soon at their homes.

Now why not hop over and see what the other girls at Challenge Yourself are scrapping on the subject of girl power.

9 comments:

  1. I love that you have girls' weekends with your sisters!!! Your layout is fabulous and creative - the b&w photos are perfect and I really like how you used the lyrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout! The colors are beautiful with the black and white photos, and I just love everything about! What a fun thing to do! I bet y'all have a good time when you get together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a productive weekend while having fun!! Love your sister's layout. She doesn't look like a beginner!! Let me know when you find that scrapbook consulting job! I do it here with all of my friends, but it's not a paying gig!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! LOVING your page! LOVING the photos and the colors!! And your sister's pages are FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the idea of having someone on hand to do the trimming. And I wouldn't mind taking a turn at being a trimmer either. Cooperative scrapbooking sounds like an excellent plan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful, especially the way you filled in the ledger at the top of the page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is a weekend that I would love. I have 4 sisters and they all live far away...it is so not going to happen. Love your use of alpha stickers on this page...really very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page!!! LOVE the black and white photos with those fabulous papers and embellishments. LOVE the title!! Such fun with sisters!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely to have a whole weekend with both of them. I miss my girls and living so far away, I only really get to see them en famille. Perhaps in the future.

    ReplyDelete