photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

27 April 2016

What A Mess On Workdesk Wednesday

I am up early today, and because I don’t want to wake hubby I won’t be starting on my decluttering/organizing project this early – I tend to be noisy – so I will wait.  Instead I decide to bop into the studio.  Obviously the studio is not my decluttering/organizing project – though it should surely be – as this is the best looking shot I could get, even though the studio was spotless before my Creating Conventions trip.

DSC05005

First I have to maneuver past the bag of stuff from the crop 2 1/2 weeks ago,  Can it be that long . . . and I still haven’t finished putting this away. In my defense, it was the only bag left to sort out, but the plan was to actually finish up those classes as I unloaded the bag. Hasn't happened.

Okay, I’ll scootch past the door left open on the right or the paper left sitting on the right, and get to the island.

DSC05002

Where to my right you see the stamp that I hastily used to add a sentiment to a birthday card yesterday for a girlfriend.  Three of us met for lunch, and I wanted to take it with me.  Now where is the stamp set this belongs to, I wonder?

DSC05003

Well, the ink pad is on my left.  Do you think I chose this color ink only because it matched the card?  No silly, I chose it because it was already sitting out . . . still no stamp set case, though.

DSC05007

Aha, there it is over on the desk by the window.  And yes, I chose that particular birthday stamp set because it was already sitting out too - and I don't mean neatly filed on the bookcase end of the island as it should have been.  I suppose I should finish putting all those stickers on those stamps and put it away – along with the rest of that mess – pictures and newspaper clippings from aunt’s house that I needed to dig through for an assignment layout last week (you’ll see it on Sunday). 

DSC05006

Well, if I had just put those bagged kits back into my blue rolling tote from whence they came, this could look so much better.  And surely I could tidy up that much before moving onto my other project.  In the midst of my other project, yesterday I uncovered that Archivers bag and the Thickers that were in it.  I had looked for the bag to take to our crop and bring home goodies in – but couldn’t find it.  Sis-in-law had also looked for hers before the crop and couldn’t find it either, so I didn’t feel so bad.  That was short-lived and I almost didn’t admit to her that mine had long forgotten Thickers inside when it was rediscovered.  Honestly, I told her, I think I must buy Thickers while sleepwalking.

This really isn’t as bad as it looks – most of the big stuff is in bags.  I can have it all spiffed up and still have time to blog it and check out a few other WOYWW desks with Julia and friends before late-night-owl hubby arises. Then it is back to the real decluttering project.

38 comments:

  1. Thanks for popping over to mine earlier. I have really enjoyed being showed around at yours today....love your creative space.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #10

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful work space. I think it looks wonderful & quite inviting for a creative session. I like the layout design sketch on your desk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tee hee. A wonderful post, Susanne. I love your sense of humour. Don't knock yourself down over it all, though. We are all the same. I think that those who tidy as they go along really are in the minority!!!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your household is like mine. I am up trying to be quiet, while hubby saws logs! And it is much more fun to create rather than clean up! You do have a wonderful creating space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try and be quiet while the family is sleeping too! LOL!! LOVING your space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your space doesn't look untidy to me, it looks well organised, much less messy than mine
    Thanks for stopping by
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Susanne. I love how you have to tip toe around not to wake anyone. LOL I have to do the same as I do the same. Love your room and thanks for visiting me earlier. Have a super week Hugs ~Anne L #14

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, thank you for showing me around you studio. Happy decluttering. I find that by keeping things tidy, I know where stuff is. I do admit I have my 'Forgotten Thickers' moments too. My hubby has transferred all my boxes of stuff to another room and I will have to go through it all as he hjasn't put it where I want it, so I will be surprised by what I find....
    Thank you for visiting,
    Happy WOYWW,
    Have a good week too,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a great workspace there, and so much of it. I really like the stamp set - those flowers look beautiful, I bet they'll make stunning cards. Thanks so much for stopping by mine earlier, I hope you have a great week,
    Diana #22

    ReplyDelete
  10. You would not even want to see my work space right now! It is so bad that I have had to move to the kitchen table to actually work on things! I think it's time I got in there and cleaned! Thanks for the fun post today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No matter how much space I have I need more. It's ridiculous how much stuff we accumulate isn't it haha
    Lynn 12 x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the tour of your space! I admit to having stuff I haven't put away. When I'm in my room I want to craft not sort out or organise lol. Good luck with the house decluttering. It is on my list but I get so easily distracted!

    Have a great week
    Sharon K #46

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the conducted tour, it all looks great, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who uses what is on the desk instead of looking for something new.
    Thanks for visiting my big white space, the big white space outside cleared up during the day but it is snowing again outside now.
    Chris #20

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your visit I've been MIA so played catch up with your past posts. Lots of pretty designs. I like a messy desk. ! just no fun clean. BUT what amazes me is we have big desks and end up with a 10x10 spot to work on projects. Hope you are missing the storms. We were lucky, but only 40 out in this horrific wind and rain. Have a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. An unpacked bag from 2 1/2 weeks ago - that's not bad. I still have one from a crop a month ago..and think I'll just say I'm packed early for this Saturday!
    Have a great day.
    Diane - WOYWW #36

    ReplyDelete
  16. hehehhhee we are all the same I think - I reckon as long as I can find the stuff I need and about a 12" square of desk to work in that's ok. The best bit about tidying up is finding all that stuff you lost/forgot about! Hope you had fun :o) Annie C #35

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mmmmm.... it all sounds very familiar! Messy desks are good, it's tidy ones that worry me and scare me too! Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x 21

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved the look around - enjoy your de-cluttering -you never know what you will find! Chrisx 47

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have a lot going on. Sounds like many of the same projects I should be doing, but don't. Good luck on your decluttering. Happy Wednesday LisaDV#42

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've decided that it is impossible to keep a craft room or studio from being in total disarray when working on a project, no matter how small it is. Creativity mode always gets us into trouble. Thanks for the visit and Happy WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely workspace, clutter seems to come with creativity lol Happy WOYWW Vicky#6

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lol, I enjoyed following your thought processes...they're as meandering as mine!! Also, it's good to meet another noisy person...I just am, can't help it!!
    Hugs, LLJ 16 xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lots of stuff and love how you just use what's out or close to hand.
    Thanks for visiting me yesterday, BJ#32

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your post made me smile - we all go through the same at some time. Even the tidy ones.
    Hugs & Thanks for the visit to my blog- Neet 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for popping over to my place earlier Susanne. Your words sound familiar, but I don't see a mess anywhere... that's what I call creativity girl!
    Hugs,
    Mischra ♥ #18 this week

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey Susanne, thanks for the visit, sorry about the belated visit, work kicked my butt yesterday!! Love all the views of your space. I am laughing about you not putting stuff away after the crop. I travel every 6 weeks for work and it takes me 4 weeks to empty my suitcase LOL. Cx #50

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a lovely post, Susanne, and I did enjoy the tour of your studio, even though it's a mess at present lol! Messy creative spaces are better than tidy ones because it does show that some creatiity is going on! It looks as if you've got a lovely room. Thank you for your lovely comment which made me smile - two very different disciplines, and actually equally enjoyable for me, in very different ways - you could say left and right brain!!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #62

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am grinning because, I think everyone creates like that. I cannot tell you how many things I have made from things laying on the table. ( yep, I do clean along behind my self but, its mostly for a survival thing I need at least 12" square to glue things down in haha. :) thanks for the earlier visit, ~Stacy #55

    ReplyDelete
  29. We all could do with a bit more space but, the problem is we just fill it with more wonderful stuff.
    sandra de @31

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good morning, Susanne! What a lovely collection you have to put away. I loved your tour. Thanks for stopping by my place this week. Was great to see you. Creative BlessingS! Kelly #52

    ReplyDelete
  31. I like the studio tour - I so recognise the 'oh that will do as it is out' theme for creating ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great studio tour! Amazing how our spaces can fill up so fast or how we manage to make a card using what's out instead of more digging through stuff! Thanks for the visit and I hope you have a great weekend!
    Carol N #41

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lol I agree with using stuff that is out that's why I have a bunch of cards with the same paper usually using stuff while it out so much easier
    Hugs Nikki 7

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for your visit. Looks like you've been very creative recently. Love that you too go for the first stamp to hand! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  35. I just came back from a crop….my bags made it downstairs..but not put away or even in my scrap room, lol

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for your visit last week, I loved your 'tour through the studio' - an uncluttered room is more interesting to look at, that's a good argument to leavy the mess, ha! Love from Holland, Marit #39

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow your craft room looks amazing, so much to look at. I am like you, I tend to grab what's already out if I am in a rush lol. I love all the clutter, makes me feel good to see my mess lol. Sorry I am late again this week. Happy Woyww :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you for stopping by earlier. And although, you didn't leave your number, but I found you! I love your space, and you remind me of me! :) I am always stamping an inside of a card in a hurry, to get it in the mail! Lately, I have tried to do sentiments as I go, but you know I don't keep it up too long. Thanks for the peek. #61

    ReplyDelete