photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

08 May 2016

Jolly, By Golly, Memories

Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms out there.
 
Jolly, By Golly, Memories – a layout for The Studio Challenges

jollybygolly 

Start: Our challenge was to be inspired by diamonds.  Well, that should be fun I thought.  I am working with another old picture of my husband’s Mom and her sister and parents.  Don't they look jolly, all arm and arm.  That makes it an appropriate post for Mother's Day, don't you agree.

Style: There are many kinds of diamond shapes, but in its simplest form a diamond is just a square turned diagonally on its tip (like a baseball diamond where all the sides are of equal length).  The paper diamonds on this page were made using a 1 inch paper punch.  The background idea came from a sketch I had seen at Kristine Davidson’s newly re-launched Creative Scrappers website.

Creative Sketch April 2016

I altered it to fit my needs and added interest with my column of diamonds which I purposely offset to the right of center.  I also offset the little enamel diamonds on top of those, also to the right of center.  Then added more shine by using enamel hexagons over a few of the bokeh shapes on the background paper.  The 50’s time frame gave me the idea to use “golly” in my title – in a nod back to a simpler time.

Stash: All this is from my May 2016 Joy Counterfeit Kit, except for the scrap paper I used to make my diamonds which came from a prior’s month counterfeit kit.

Now while I’m busy making my own jolly memories at MIL’s house, why don’t you pop over to The Studio Challenges and see what the other gals have done with a “girl’s best friend”.

6 comments:

  1. Your layout looks terrific!!! I like the sketch and will have to check her site out. The colours you used are perfect and I like the squares turned on an angle! Happy Mother's Day to you- Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page and picture!! Love how you used the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwww! I loveeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the photo, the title work and the diamond shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH golly, what a great layout! Hope you had a nice Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the diamonds in an off set line really work well here. What a nice photo too.

    ReplyDelete