photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

12 May 2016

May 2016 Counterfeit Challenge #2–Sketches


Sisters – a Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog sketch challenge

sisters 


Start: Here’s the second of two sketches for this challenge from PageMaps:

Pagemap June 14
June 2014


Style: This is one of those layouts that is perfect for using scraps of paper, except I hadn’t cut into much of my kit yet.  So I started by slicing up the cut apart sheet of borders, keeping five of them together and making that my header.  Instead of those snaking triangles at the bottom, I sprinkled just 3 (2 are on the pattern, one is epoxy) from the title to the journaling, and three more small ones tucked underneath.

The rest of the page came together quickly, until I got to the end. I set it aside overnight and then decided the finishing touches it needed were little brads (8 of them) in the buttonholes and drops of mist all over.

Stash: My May 2016 Counterfeit kit called Joy, of course, plus 8 Basic Grey brads.

So there you have a quick blog post, about a quick layout.  Enough said.

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous LO of the sisters, the happy strip and embellies are perfect. I must get back to counterfeiting soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that top paper & didn't use it.This has inspired me.Lovely layout

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeeeeee this! LOVING the colors, the splatters and the alphabet across the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOH! Great splatter work! Wherever did you learn that technique?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the design and the way you did the journaling. Looks awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout. The colours work well. I like the splatters too. And love using sketches as a jump off point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a sweet LO. love the strips of paper and washi on the LO.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the strips and the epoxy block across the top. Splatters always make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet page!! LOVE the papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done. Like the description and photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the block of borders is such a great way to get a whole look of paper patterns in there and know that they are all going to go well together. This is a very sweet layout - I like the misting of course and the sprinkle of triangles.

    ReplyDelete