photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

02 May 2016

Memorandum Monday–After the Spring Rains

Okay, that is wishful thinking, isn’t it? Can anyone really expect that April showers won't flow over into May.  Not us, as we have been inundated with rain for the last several days, which has been both good and bad.  We have not had so much that it caused any real problems.  It has mostly coincided with when hubby was either at his mom’s or otherwise occupied so I spent a good deal of time in the studio.  Who even notices how much water drops from the sky when playing with paper and pretties?

I have whipped up 2 single page layouts, 1 double page layout, and one pocket page in the last few days – mostly for assignments so you will have to wait to see them.  And even if they were not for assignments, the bad part of the on, off and on again rains is that there is no good natural light for taking pictures of projects anyway. Believe me, I did try (she moans mixing a little whine in with that water).

Okay, I admit the rain puts a damper on my blogging abilities too, so I will leave you with a single shot that proves rain is a good thing, a very good thing.  My lilac bush out back is loving the rain. I am sure I have told you that I have loved lilacs since I was a child, when we had them in the back yard.

The scent of the bush is so strong that I can smell it half way around the house.  I cracked the kitchen window open on Friday, and enjoyed the fragrance while doing dishes.  Undeniably, that’s a good thing.  There are a couple lilac bushes out front too, but they are younger plants and not quite this full – yet.  Maybe with a little more rain?


lilacbush

Anyway, I’m hoping that the weather is drier this week, and I am out and about doing something new to blog about next Monday.  Here ends my mini-memorandum this Monday.  Why not pop over and see how Sian @FromHighInTheSky and friends are dealing with rainy days and Mondays?

14 comments:

  1. The weather is certainly unpredictable all over the world it seems! We have a real mix predicted over here in the UK, but ending with sunshine so hopefully we will have a good weekend next week. At least your lilac is enjoying all the water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It finally rained here (desert = no rain!) on 4/30 ... so we finally had our April Showers on the last day of the month! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drier weather should be headed your way. We finally had a beautiful day yesterday, after over a week of rain and grey skies. I get the trying unsuccessfully of taking photos of layouts without any good light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susanne, thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind comment.
    Beautiful lilac tree, they do smell wonderful.
    Are UK weather does not know what to do, warm this morning and horrendous rain this afternoon.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lilac is beautiful, so nice that you can smell it's pleasant aroma in your home. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful lilac bush! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot wait until the lilacs start blooming here - such a wonderful smell.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've had rain n the past week two....my garden has really appreciated it!....gorgeous lilac! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Susanne :) Happy May! Hope you dry out soon, but your lilac bush looks amazing! Thank you for your thoughtful comment on my blog. I appreciate your visit. Take Care~ xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've had hailstones and snowflakes here. Strange days indeed. You're right about the light. I had a hard time getting nice birthday pictures here yesterday..and it was too wet to go outside.

    Wishing you a good week. And thanks for the birthday wishes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your lilac bush is lovely and I can almost smell is wonderful fragrance here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love white flowers - lilacs are one of my favourite flowers. Always out for my birthday too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The lilac bush is lovely! We had lots of rain in April, but this week has been all sunshine. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete