photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

22 May 2016

The Studio Challenge–May Mood Board

How Cute! – a layout for The Studio Challenges

howcute-001 

Start: We were given this Mood Board for the May challenge:

May 16 mood board 
Style: What caught my eye from the mood board was the gorgeous pink bloom, the glitz of the gold and “YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE”.  I paired a large floral paper with a smaller triangle print for the basis of my page.  I used blue for an offset mat along with two different transparencies that also had triangles – as a subtle repetition.  You will notice the placement of the elements also forms a strong triangle on the page.

I added gold with stitching and buttons and glittered hearts.  I had been saving the Studio Calico “You Make Me Happy” card because a gold block covered the line where the “Happy” should be.  At least, I assumed that was what was there, but could not be sure.  Luckily it was, and instead of scratching it clean, I left a bit of the gold on it.  The other accents are cut or punched from tags which I had left over from another layout.  I will add a little sappy journaling in that blue spot to the right of the face.  That face – how cute!!

That large rub-on has been in my stash – for-ev-er!!  It is by Karen Foster and I am happy to say that it rubbed on like it was brand new.
Stash: Most of this was from my May Counterfeit Kit.

8 comments:

  1. I loveeeeeeeeee this! LOVING that photo and the floral background!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great when something old works perfectly? I think the older rub-ons were made better than the ones today. Love all the color on this page and that cute photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your layout. That floral paper is wonderful and I think you chose wonderful elements from the mood board.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! The floral background paper is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet smile! I saw that before I looked at the rest. Which is how it should be :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love the large rub-ons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww such a sweet layout.
    Love the fun vibrant colours

    ReplyDelete