photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

04 May 2016

Whimsical Musings at my Wednesday Workdesk

Because I only showed you “messes at my deskes” last Wednesday, I thought Julia and WOYWW-ers deserved a little meatier post this week.  So after the obligatory shots of the desk, and a rundown of my crafty week thus far, do enjoy a layout, proof that occasionally a little something is accomplished here.  Actually, it’s been pretty darn crafty here.

20160504_041709

Here you see my somewhat tidy desk, with the papers laid out for my next layout.  I rediscovered those markers and pens in that little basket yesterday while searching for something else.  I am afraid that they’ve been neglected so long, that the lime green one is the only one that still works.  At least it goes with the papers I have there.  If you want to see close-ups of those sketches - they are from Write-Click-Scrapbook.

20160504_041807

What you also see there next to my current audiobook is my May blog calendar, which thanks to some batch photo shooting and blog post writing yesterday is in very good shape before Mother’s Day.  To the right of those papers, there is a little traveler's notebook refill that I made from scraps of another layout.  I used some old Franklin Planner refill paper for the inside, cutting down the lined sheets from 8.5 x 11 to 3.5 x 5 (folded) , and recycling the offcuts.  That’s 23 year old paper I used – half my children aren’t even that old, for heaven’s sake.  And I was lucky enough to have the perfect chipboard stickers in my May 2016 counterfeit kit for the cover.

20160504_04195520160504_042304

Speaking of kits, here’s the shot of the desk by the window – a bit tidier than when you last saw it.

20160504_041755

Yesterday I also put together some gift baskets/bags for the silent auction at our church’s annual Fish Fry that is coming up.  Here’s the crafty one – in a handy dandy tote.  I was happy to use the last bit off that roll of ribbon – because it's a little too bright for me!

20160503_14385820160503_143908

And now let’s get to that layout:

Totally Grateful – a layout inspired by Whimsical Musings prompt to be inspired by sunshine

totallygrateful-003 

Start: Prompt 211 over at Whimsical Musings this week is to be inspired by sunshine.  I always take a peek at what Lisa, Leslie and Lynnette are doing over there, but I don’t often take the time to join in.  But this week’s prompt ties in perfectly with my counterfeit kit, so I had no excuse and needed no further nudge.

Can’t you just feel the sun bouncing off the water and forming those hearts in the sky on that Webster’s Page patterned paper.

Story: This is an old postcard that my husband sent to his aunt and uncle from Spring Break in Florida his freshman year of college. (Yes, his mom raised him right!)   As regular readers know by now, his late aunt saved everything, which has all been moved to my house for sorting.  Because she saved so much, I can’t bear to throw much of it away.  So I’m scrapping up the best bits.  This also allows me to stall on sorting my own photos (win-win).

I liked that this had his personal note handwritten on it (but sorry I didn’t feel right sharing that with the world), so I scrapped it in a way that allows the postcard to be flipped up and read.  I attached the frame over the top of the postcard but left the bottom unattached so it can be lifted. That part worked great, but it did make it trickier to embellish around the photo.  I am not 100% satisfied with that cluster to the left, but I’ve fiddled for far too long.

These are photo hinges I used – Basic Grey Capture Attach Me Stickers, which I picked up for less $1 at Tuesday Mornings ages ago:

captureattachmestickers
Stash: As I said I used my May 2016 Counterfeit kit called Bliss, and added in just a few buttons.  The journal card there is a tag that I cut down and substituted a butterfly in “manly” colors instead of a pink one that was there.  The flowers here were taken from other tags that included pink.  I will have two very pink tags if I take the time to reconstruct them from the parts.

Of course, there was no sunshine to be found when I needed to take this photograph for the blog, so I used my Shotbox.  With a little practice, I managed to get a shot free of glare on the postcard or glitter frame.  I have noticed that the light tends to add an ever so slight blue cast to most photos that isn’t autocorrected by Picasa.  In the case of this page, that was an enhancement to be sure – just look at that peaceful blue water.

Now off you go, I’m sure you’ve lots of other stops to make today.

25 comments:

  1. Thanks for popping by at mine earlier. I really love the LO you've made. That blue of the water in the sunshine is gorgeous....roll on Summer days eh?
    Hope you have a great week.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #9

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Susanne. That is an incredibly generous bag of goodies for your church silent auction. I do hope it raises lots of funds... Well done on using so much stash this week - that page is lovely - oh for days like that... although, I do have to say that today the sun is shining gloriously!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #5

    ReplyDelete
  3. All very organised at your crafty place. Happy woyww Jill #6

    ReplyDelete
  4. The LO makes one feel as if summer has certainly arrived. It is sunny outside (for real) but still a little cool. Nevertheless your LO and the sunshine has made me feel happy and ready to tackle any jobs that need to be done. (There are lots!)
    Hugs, Neet 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your desk and projects are looking great

    Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    No 19

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a really nice crafting area. Thanks for all the links for ideas. I like your recycling ideas & I totally agree, not everything needs to be share :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving what's going on on that desk of yours!! And loving the lo!! GORGEOUS colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun layout! Nice you can lift the postcard! Your desk looks way neater than mine right now! Hope your tote of goodies raises lots of $$$.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely goodie bag for your auction, someone is going to be very pleased with that when they get it. and you have two nice active desks there, good stuff happening there.
    Thanks for visiting my desk and your nice remarks.
    Chris #10

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your page is wonderful! Thank you for sharing it with us. You look way more organized than I am. Great job! I hope your goodie bags raise a bunch of money.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful layout and great memories!

    The desk looks very organised. You seem like you're an organised person - total opposite to me lol. Hope the goodie bags raise lots of money.

    Have a great week
    Sharon k #39

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post with lots to see. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 24

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, love the bokah hearts on your layout paper. The layout is quite lovely. Happy Wednesday, LisaDV #36

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the auction items you packed. Very nice. Also the layout with photo from 1977.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great space and super page. I too love to listen to audio books while I work.
    Have a great day.
    Diane - WOYWW #30

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have been busy - lovely goodies for the silent auction and that LO is beautiful. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did an awesome job with that background paper. I would have had trouble. love your creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely love your page! And hope the silent auction goes great! Thanks for the visit and hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Carol N #42

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely blog you have! And what a neat desk!
    Happy WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have sure been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Horrah I have finally made it to the PC again after posting my desk rather hurriedly on Wednesday!
    Great layout and love the gift tote too.
    Thanks For visiting BJ #33#

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a FUN glimpse at your working spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the bright colors in that layout!! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. THe layout is gorgeous!! I love the shots of your desk and the progress! REally cool silent auction offerings! Hope you have a great week! Angie WOYWW #47

    ReplyDelete
  25. I know that I'Ve commented on this somewhere else but I'll repeat how much it thrilled me to see you playing along! Great job on the sunshine prompt and I love the idea of using the frame to lift the postcard and allow the journalling / postcard message to be seen and read. Nice touch. I so so wanted those little hinge things from BG when they first came out and just never saw them anywhere over here - they look perfect for all my stuff that is sitting around waiting to be included on pages.

    ReplyDelete