photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

11 May 2016

Workdesk Wednesday - All The Things I Did Not Buy

Good morning to Julia and the whole WOYWW crowd.  Here’s an on-my-tiptoes shot of the studio today.

20160511_082754

There, along with the scraps from the last layout I completed you can see lots of stuff that’s been sitting there since National Scrapbook Day last weekend.  I didn’t get much scrapping done, but I did round up a bunch of inspiration on that day.  There are free printables and numerous sketches that I hope to use soon, as well as a sheet of card ideas taken from a Creating Keepsakes display board last month.  I have more than enough ideas, now I just need to prioritize them.  Also from last month, you see a couple of fishing pictures from the guys’ fishing trip the week after the girls’ scrapping trip.

There is a Simple Stories DIY grab bag from steals.com there on the right that I have an idea to use for a mini-album (unless I change my mind, as I am known to change my mind).  Up in the top left corner you see an empty liquor container.  I kept 2 of these wooden containers that the hubby received as gifts on his retirement – and yes, he has taken charge of the contents.  I think they will be good for either journal tags or washi tape holders.  I will let you know.

I was pretty good on NSD and only made one online purchase.  I’ll reveal that when it comes.  But I want a little credit for all the things I did not buy, although you have to wonder if I had not been going to my MIL’s for the weekend, would I have succumbed to more. Well, yeah, without a doubt.

And these would have been on the top of the list:

EllesStudio-May2016KitEllesStudio-SunglassesAcrylic02

The current kit and acrylic elements from Elle’s Studio.

1605-cc-happy-times

Anything from Close to My Heart to get this paper free – including passing up that stamp set.

wildflowersketchbookjpg

This Wildflower – Sketchbook paper by We R Memory Keepers that is back in stock

fpb&bcardkitfpboxes

The Fancy Pants card kits that were on sale; or the grab bags, make that boxes, that I found when I got to their site.

Would you have succumbed to any of those temptations?  Or maybe there are others you care to tell me about?

That’s all from me today – I need to scoot along, as I have an appointment to get my car serviced today.  I’ll pop around to at least half of the joiners at WOYWW, later tonight.  Happy crafting until then.

24 comments:

  1. great work desk. Thank you for you visit to my blog
    Lilian B woywdw #20

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative post today and well done on only making one on-line purchase on NSD!

    Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    No. 34

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely busy desk today - lots of ideas to work on when you have time - lots of things you can save up to get later. Great creative post.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, yes lots of temptations there, well done on resisting. Thanks for visiting earlier Happy WOYWW BJ#26

    ReplyDelete
  5. My desk is quite messy too!!! No on line purchases for me that day- too busy running after 2 little boys! I don't know if it is good or not to have abstained!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh such a lot of temptation! Well done for resisting, I don't know that my will power is that strong! That wildflower paper is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for stopping by my desk earlier, I hope you have a great week,
    Diana #24

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done you in not buying. I like all your non purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done for resisting all that temptation! Good idea to use those wooden liquor boxes. (You can always paint them if you think people will misunderstand. Chalk paint would look good).
    Happy WOYWW,
    Lisca#16

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't that always the way? About Scrap-days I mean... you anticipate for weeks, spend hours packing all the projects you are going to get done, and then spend so much time visiting and being inspired that you get NOTHING DONE! Grin... love your space and your stuff... thanks for the peek ! Scrapbook Lynne Mizera WOYWW #55

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never mind about taking the photo on tippy toes, I think you were up a tall ladder from the angle!! That's what you call a creative desk and I love all the papers you've shared πŸ’–πŸ’–
    Hugs, LLJ 2 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that is a desk full of inspiration!!
    I completed one layout on International scrapbooking day..ONE!!!
    I did have my friends over for a crop, so I was chatting and catering to their every whim....so that is my excuse, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hard to pass up some of those fabulous supplies!! You were good not to give into crafty temptations!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic work desk..beaUtiful space! So mANy creative treasures! Wonderful
    Thanks foR visiting
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those tempting goodies are hard to resist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of temptations lol. I'm trying to hold off but not having much luck. I love the look of your desk, there's lots going on.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #40

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that view of your desk. Were you hanging on the ceiling? LOL Thank you for visiting my blog earlier.
    April #38

    ReplyDelete
  17. ha, I did not buy anything on saturday (lol) but, sunday night... well...
    and that was a flash to the past. does CK still have a message board? It's been so many years I wonder if I can actually log into it. Thanks for the earlier visit, ~Stacy #50

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I would love credit from hubby for the stuff I DON'T buy ... he might tut-tut when parcels do arrive in the porch, "now what have you been buying?" he will ask ... maybe I should start telling him everything I didn't get! Thanks for popping by my blog yesterday ... alas, I may aim for an ocean of calm & serenity but rarely manage it! Just determined this year that the lead up to the jolly festive season will be less of a chore and more of a pleasure - each year I say "next year will be different" ... and this year it now will be. Progress, huh!?!?! Love to you, Debbie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm always tempted! LOL
    Busy desk with lots to do!
    Have a great day.
    Diane – WOYWW #31

    ReplyDelete
  20. We took a little "field trip" to the LSS on NSD . . . I was pretty good & only picked up one sheet of paper & a new stamp set (for Bible journaling). :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. ah succumbing such a satisfying word isn't it .. whether to succumb or not to succumb, that is the question!
    Glad you were restrained as save trouble working out where to put it my biggest problem always and helps me be restrained, often :D
    Thanks so much for sharing.
    Happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #18

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Susan. Well, you saw all my purchases when you visited this week. And mine were with some restraint. You did good! I'm not sure I could have passed up those glasses LOL. Creative Blessings on your week! Kelly #42

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been trying hard not to even look so I'm not tempted... I need to clear stash not add to it. Card inspiration and kits are always tricky though as I tell myself I can use up old stash too...

    ReplyDelete
  24. I also love empty boxes for storage. I have wine crates, beer boxes and some even odder ones!
    Thanks for visting my desk already
    Kyla

    ReplyDelete