photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

12 June 2016

June Counterfeit Challenge – In Quotes

Happy Mom’s Day – a Counterfeit Kit Challenge layout

20160604_163231 

Start: The second Counterfeit Kit Challenge this month:  to use a humorous quote – for your title.

I couldn’t quite make that work, but I did use an anonymous quote which I printed on a journal card. It sounded immediately like something I would say, because it definitely applies to me.

strangers-friends-family-quote 
Style: I based this page on a layout from the Scrapbook & Cards Today Easy, Detailed, Expert class.  This layout falls somewhere between easy and detailed in my estimation.

I started by using up the Dear Lizzy triangle banners, because I knew that would be one of the toughest items to use from my kit.  I like the way they draped across the top of my picture collage.

I echoed that banner with a chipboard one at the bottom for my title.

Is it INSANE that page with fishing pictures can be so very pink & floral?


Stash: This is from my June Counterfeit kit, with the addition of a few bits and bobs from prior kits.

14 comments:

  1. Good Morning. Cute layout! I love the banners across the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to spend Mother's Day. I like the quote & I am definitely using that on a page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You find the coolest embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pink with fishing photos--I use pink with almost everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy, happy layout

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything about your layout and what a great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rocked this~amazing and beautiful. Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you've tied the quote into a Mother's Day theme about a day spent fishing! AND it's pink & floral??? You are truly a scrap-genius :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! That quote is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way you layered that little triangle banner on your page and the burlap hearts are a nice touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely family worth a celebratory page like this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your layout is so fun yet so pretty.
    Love the photos and all of the layering you did.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the layering and the fun, girly theme. I recognize those banners from my own stash. I'm not sure I ever finished them off. I used them on so many LO,

    ReplyDelete
  14. the banners are really super cute and the whole page is very pretty - easy and detailed at the same time brought together so well!

    ReplyDelete