photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

19 June 2016

June Recipe Challenge at The Studio Challenges

Sunkissed Morning – a layout for The Studio Challenges

20160616_114634 

Start: With this recipe:

  • Sewing
  • Lace
  • Pink
  • Paint or ink splatters
  • Enamel Dots
  • Kraft colour
  • A star
  • Stenciling
  • Doily
A smart scrapper would pull all those elements together at the start – but no, not me.  I wanted to use the Kelly Purkey free NSD printables with this photo, so I added the rest as I went along.  The only sewing I did was to cross-stitch three Xs.

It was fun to discover what little bits and bobs I could add to fill out the list.  I took my title from the line of Basic Grey die-cuts I was using.

20160616_114655
Style: In order to make the doily and lace ribbon work with my otherwise very modern page, I found the least fussy options I could in my stash.  I used everything on the list, including double-duty enamel "dots" that are star shaped.  I stenciled, edged and splattered with 4 shades of ink.

Stash: Bazzill cardstock, Kelly Purkey cards, SEI doily, Basic Grey Sunkissed die-cuts, We R Memory Keepers 3 x 4 card used for stencil, American Crafts ink, Teresa Collins enamel shapes, Websters Pages alphabets

Why not pop over to the Studio Challenges and see what everyone else concocted with that recipe.

8 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That list looked very full when I first read it, but your design and clever use of the items has created a lovely, bright and spacious page. I am impressed by the four different inks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely Susanne. I love recipe challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using a recipe too! You put all the elements together to make a terrific page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking for all the elements on your page~missed the stenciling, but then found it !! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite things are the cute little cross stitch x's! You do such a great job with all the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out lovely with all the added bits & pieces! Great photo of the two of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to use recipes more often - I think they are such fun. I really like what you've created here!

    ReplyDelete